What If I Am Not Ready To Return To My Job After A Work Injury?

Many injured workers feel that they are being forced to return to work before they are ready, either by their employer or by their workers' compensation doctor. If you find yourself in this situation, you should seek the advice of an experienced workers' compensation lawyer before you say or do anything.

At Marzzacco Niven & Associates, in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, we offer a free initial consultation to answer your questions about returning to work after a job-related injury. Our attorneys have a level of experience and success that is difficult to match, and we dedicate ourselves to helping those who have been injured on the job.

What If My Employer Wants Me To Return To Work?

If your employer wants you to return to work but your doctor does not think you are ready, follow your doctor's advice and stay home. You could end up damaging your health if you return to work too soon.

What If My Doctor Wants Me To Return To Work?

If the company doctor says you're ready to return, but you don't feel ready, you may be able to get a second opinion. Now is a time when you should seek legal advice. If you refuse to return to work, you could lose your workers' compensation benefits and your job.

If you obtain a second opinion from another doctor stating that you are not ready to return to work, you should speak with your lawyer as to whether to return to work. To increase your chances of success, the second opinion should be from a specialist who is qualified to treat your condition.

Do I Have To Accept A Light-Duty Assignment If It Is Offered?

If your doctor says you can work with limitations, you are required to accept the position. If you refuse, you could lose your workers' compensation benefits and your job.

Learn more:

What does it mean if I am "released with no restrictions?"

For More Information About Returning To Work After An Injury

To protect your job and your workers' compensation benefits, don't say or do anything you might regret later. Get an experienced and compassionate lawyer to advocate for you. To schedule a consultation, call 717-260-3580 or toll free at 866-321-5340.