Marzzacco Niven & Associates
Call 866-321-5340 or 717-260-3580
Initial Consultations are Always FREE - No Fee Unless We Win
Dedicated To Representing The Injured, Ill And Disabled

What to do after a work-related accident with an uninsured driver

A car accident can change your life. You can suffer serious injuries or even develop post traumatic stress, depending on the severity of the collision. Thankfully, your car insurance policy and medical insurance will help ensure that you can receive the treatment you need to heal after an accident. Depending on your insurance policies and the policy of the other driver, you shouldn't have to worry too much about expenses and financial losses from the accident.

While the state of Pennsylvania requires vehicular insurance for all drivers, not everyone obeys the law on car insurance. An accident with an uninsured or underinsured driver can cause financial uncertainty on top of any injuries or property damage.

Automobile insurance may not cover all your expenses

Pennsylvania is a “Choice No-Fault” state, which means drivers can choose between no-fault insurance and traditional tort insurance policies. No-fault insurance will cover your personal damages and injuries from the accident, regardless of who was at fault. Most policies include uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage, which protect you if you have an accident with someone who isn't insured.

Traditional tort insurance, on the other hand, offers more comprehensive coverage and may even allow you to sue for pain and suffering, depending on the circumstances and the policy.

If you don't have uninsured motorist coverage, recouping your medical expenses and car repair costs could prove difficult. The other driver may face some legal issues as a result of driving without insurance, but you may be the one who bears the majority of that burden.

When an accident happens on the clock

What happens if the accident occurred while you were working? If you were driving a company car, traveling as part of your job or otherwise driving in the course of your employment, you may be able to pursue workers' compensation benefits for your injuries and lost wages.

In this situation, it is critical that you get legal help. It may be possible to pursue both workers' compensation benefits and a personal injury claim, but the two must be coordinated to avoid disqualifying you from certain benefits. Speaking with an experienced personal injury attorney who understands workers' compensation. personal injury and insurance law may be your best option for a positive outcome.

An attorney will protect your interests after an accident

Insurance companies are not generally looking out for accident victims so much as they are their own profit margin. You could be offered a settlement that is inappropriately low, given your injuries. Your attorney can review your situation and your policy to determine what is fair and reasonable. Don't try to handle insurance companies and an uninsured driver on your own!

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
  • | Your legal solution starts here
  • LC | Lead Counsel Rated
  • select-lawyers
  • Avvo | Ratings|  Guidance | The right Lawyer
  • 2019 | Recognized by Best Lawyers
  • Million Dollar Advocates Forum
  • Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
  • Super Lawyers
  • Best Lawyers | Best Law Firms | U.S.News & World Report | 2019
Request a Free Consult

Start Your Free Consultation Now

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Marzzacco Niven & Associates

Marzzacco Niven & Associates
1909 North Front Street, 2nd Floor, Suite 1
Harrisburg, PA 17102

Toll Free: 866-321-5340
Phone: 717-260-3580
Harrisburg Law Office Map