Depending on your profession, you may use power tools every day of the week. While this is something that you enjoy, as it helps you do the job the right way, here’s something to remember: These can be extremely dangerous if you don’t know what you are doing.
While every power tool has the potential to cause serious injury, some are more dangerous than others. These include the following:
- Chain saw. Using a chain saw at any time is a big responsibility. It only takes one mistake for a serious injury to occur.
- Table saw. Just the same as a chain saw, using a table saw has the potential to cause an injury that can change your life forever.
- Nail gun. Due to the force with which it shoots nails, using a nail gun is a big responsibility.
- Riding lawnmower. This doesn’t sound like a dangerous tool, but it definitely can be. You need to know exactly how to use a riding mower, as the spinning blades can cause serious harm to your body.
- Power drill. This is one of the easier to use power tools, but it’s also one that can cause quite a bit of harm. Just because you have a lot of experience with a power drill doesn’t mean that you can do whatever you want.
Using one or more of these power tools may be a big part of your job. While it’s okay to use these tools, you must do so with safety in mind at all times.
If you suffer an on the job injury, don’t wait to receive medical attention. The sooner you take action the sooner you can begin the recovery process.
From there, you can learn more about your legal rights, which typically starts with determining if you can file a claim for workers’ compensation benefits.