Depending on your profession, your work boots may be extremely important to your comfort, performance and safety.
For example, if you work in the construction industry, you know that high-quality work boots can keep your feet feeling good all day long. Even better is the fact that these are designed for your safety and well-being.
Here are some tips to follow as you shop work boots:
- Try on several pairs: Rather than choose a pair and hope for the best, try on a minimum of three to get a better idea of which pair is right for you.
- Quality craftsmanship is a must: Just the same as anything else, high-quality work boots are designed to last longer and provide better performance.
- Focus on the tread: The right tread pattern is a must, as this will keep you on your feet during the workday. This is particularly important if you work in slick conditions.
- Maintain your work boots: Once you purchase a good pair of boots, follow through with a maintenance plan. This will ensure that they last as long as possible.
- Inspect them often: This sounds silly but inspecting your work boots once a week or month can help pinpoint any problems that could compromise your safety.
Even with the right work boots, you could still be part of a workplace accident that causes an injury. For example, you could slip and fall at height or drop something heavy on your foot.
If your injury requires you to take time away from work, file a claim for workers’ compensation benefits.