Depending on your profession, you may be required to drive a company vehicle. Some people do this every day of the week, while others only get behind the wheel every now and again. Either way, it’s imperative that you focus on your safety at all times.
Here are five safety tips you can’t afford to ignore:
- Always wear your seat belt. Doing so can be the difference between a serious injury in an accident and walking away unscathed.
- Don’t drive distracted. You should never do this, especially when you’re driving for your job. Don’t send texts, eat, drink or spend too much time chatting with passengers.
- Watch for danger on the road. From potholes to debris on construction sites, there are dangerous situations lurking.
- Avoid aggressive driving. Defensive driving will keep you safe, while aggressive driving increases the risk of an accident. You can’t control the emotions of other drivers, but you can avoid people who are not driving safely.
- Leave yourself enough time. You don’t want to find yourself in a rush when driving, especially if you have a deadline to meet. Leave early for your destination to account for traffic, getting lost and anything else that could slow you down.
By following these safety tips, you’ll feel better about your ability to avoid trouble when driving a company vehicle.
If you’re part of a motor vehicle accident when driving for work, call 911 for help and report the incident to your employer right away.
If you’re unable to return to work, you may qualify to receive workers’ compensation benefits as you recover.