Dedicated To Representing The Injured, Ill And Disabled
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Social Security Disability
  4.  » Disabled Child Benefits

Disabled Child Benefits

Children who are born with a qualifying disabling condition or who suffer a serious injury early in their lives that severely limits their ability to function compared to other children their age can sometimes be eligible for benefits under certain Social Security programs. Since they have no work history, children are not eligible for Social Security Disability. They may, however, be eligible for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and other benefits.

Specific criteria need to be met in order for a child to be eligible for SSI benefits. The number of parents in the household, the number of other children, the total amount of earned and unearned income received by the parents, and other factors are all considered in the evaluation of a minor child’s request for SSI benefits. Even if a child is not eligible for SSI, other benefits may be available regardless of household income.

Understanding The Available Benefits For Children With Disabilities

For many families, the most pressing concern for children with disabilities is medical care. Families with limited incomes may be eligible for Medicaid. The State Children’s Health Insurance Program (SCHIP) is available to families whose household incomes are too high to qualify for Medicaid.

At Marzzacco Niven & Associates, our Harrisburg attorneys provide complete legal services to families with children who have disabilities. When you turn to us, we can help you understand your options with regard to benefits for children with disabilities, caregiver benefits, and building a comprehensive plan to accommodate your family’s needs.

Turn to Us: Talk To One Of Our Pennsylvania Children’s Benefits Lawyers

Contact Marzzacco Niven & Associates to discuss your questions regarding benefits for your child with disabilities with a lawyer. Initial consultations are always free. You can reach us by phone at 717-260-3580. You can also reach us via email.