Injured workers have rights, which include the following:
- The right to reasonable, necessary, and related medical treatment for the work injury.
- The right to be free from a nurse case manager.
- The right to choose your own doctor after 90 days of treatment or within the first 90 days of treatment if surgery is recommended.
- The right to be paid in a timely way once a workers’ compensation claim is accepted.
- The right to proceed against the insurer with a Penalty Petition if the insurer does not pay appropriately.
At Marzzacco Niven & Associates, we always advise our clients to seek a second medical opinion on any diagnosis from the insurance company’s doctor and, in most cases, not use the insurance company doctor for surgery.
In the event of litigation, you have the right to get your personnel file and to question insurance company witnesses who are trying to deprive you of workers’ compensation benefits. Most importantly, you have the right to have effective legal representation.
Our firm dedicates its entire practice to helping injured and disabled clients throughout Pennsylvania. Turn to us to provide the skillful representation necessary to protect your rights.
Turn to Us: Contact A Qualified Pennsylvania Attorney
Contact Marzzacco Niven & Associates to discuss your questions regarding your workers’ rights with a lawyer. Initial consultations are always free. You can reach us by phone at 717-260-3580 or toll free at 866-321-5340. You can also reach us via email.