Have you been injured in an accident in Harrisburg, PA? You may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and suffering. The experienced Harrisburg personal injury lawyers at Marzzacco Niven & Associates can help you fight to maximize your financial recovery.
Our talented attorneys have been fierce advocates for the injured, ill, and disabled in Dauphin County since 2008. When you hire our law firm, you get 120+ years of collective experience backing your case. You can trust that we’ll be dedicated to securing the best possible outcome for you after your accident.
Call us by phone at (717) 231-1640 or contact our law offices, conveniently located in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, to get in touch with a member of our team today. We’ll schedule an appointment – absolutely free of charge – so that you can learn about your rights and understand how our Harrisburg law firm can help.
How Marzzacco Niven & Associates Can Help You After You’ve Been Injured in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
An injury can disrupt your entire life. It can cause pain and suffering, trigger costly medical treatments, and result in thousands of dollars of lost income. You shouldn’t be on the hook for these losses if someone else caused your accident.
Our dedicated Harrisburg personal injury lawyers at Marzzacco Niven & Associates can help you hold the at-fault party responsible for your damages — getting you compensation and justice for your injuries.
Here are just a few of the reasons Marzzacco Niven & Associates should be your first call after an accident in Harrisburg, PA:
- Our highly attentive and respectable attorneys have been named “Rising Stars,” “Super Lawyers,” “The Best Lawyers in America,” and “National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40.”
- Our Owner and Managing Attorney, Christopher Marzzacco, has recovered numerous six-figure settlements in personal injury cases.
- We’ve recovered millions and counting in compensation for our clients.
- Two of our attorneys are Certified Workers’ Compensation Specialists – meaning we’re the experts you need if you’ve been injured on the job in Harrisburg.
- We’ve been recognized as one of the “Best Law Firms” US News & World Report.
- We give each and every case the personalized attention it deserves.
Our Harrisburg, PA personal injury law firm will work tirelessly to meet your needs after your accident. We’ll focus on your injury claim and give you the time you deserve to focus on your health. Call today for a free, no-obligation consultation.
Why Should I Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
You don’t have to hire a lawyer after an accident in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. But, there are several reasons why it’s a really good idea to ask for help from an experienced attorney near you.
- You Need Help Building Your Case: Your law firm will be your advocate as they investigate your accident, gather evidence, identify liable parties, and file claims or lawsuits to hold them accountable. These steps require an in-depth understanding of not only personal injury law, but civil procedure in Pennsylvania. Any missteps can hurt your ability to win your case. Hiring a lawyer helps to ensure that everything is done right.
- You’re More Likely to Recover Maximum Compensation: Research suggests that hiring a lawyer means you’re not just more likely to win, but more likely to win more money. In fact, one study found that accident victims who hired counsel recovered 3.5 times more than those who didn’t.
- You Deserve a Level Playing Field: The insurance company handles claims like yours every day. They’ll have an advantage from the start. Hiring an experienced personal injury lawyer can protect you from aggressive, greedy insurance companies and put them on level ground. Hiring the right attorney for your case can even tip the odds of a meaningful win in your favor.
- You Need Time To Recover: Your attorney will handle all aspects of your claim from start to finish. In the meantime, you’ll have the opportunity you need to focus on getting better. This can reduce the stress you’re under and help to speed up your recovery.
You have the power to choose which law firm you hire after an accident in Harrisburg. Making the right choice can help to set you up for the victory you deserve.
Call Marzzacco Niven & Associates to discover why our attorneys are best suited to help you win.
Your first case evaluation is absolutely free, and we work on contingency – which means you pay us nothing unless we win your case.
Do I Have a Personal Injury Case?
Possibly. Most often, the right to file an injury claim or lawsuit arises when you’re injured because someone else is negligent or careless.
You could also have a case if you were the victim of an assault or hurt while you were working for your employer. You could even have a legitimate civil case for damages if you were hurt because of a dangerous or defective product.
If you can prove that you were hurt and someone else is legally responsible, you could be entitled to a sizable financial award. Our trial lawyers are here to determine whether your accident qualifies for a claim.
Harrisburg, PA Accident Statistics: 2020 Update
As the capital of Pennsylvania, Harrisburg has its fair share of residents, visitors, and tourists. So, it’s easy to understand why accidents are fairly common here. According to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, there were a total of 2,531 traffic accidents in Harrisburg and throughout Dauphin County in 2020. Of those, 18 were fatal and another 1,030 caused serious injuries.
That means there are between 6 and 7 motor vehicle accidents in Dauphin County every single day. In a month, at least one person is killed in a Harrisburg-area crash and another 85 suffer severe injuries.
Accidents in Pennsylvania tend to be quite devastating. According to the CDC, there were 9,527 accident-related deaths in the Keystone State in 2017. That was the third leading cause of death in the state, and only three states had higher rates of accident fatalities that year.
Our Practice Areas
We pride ourselves in fighting for our Harrisburg community and the rest of Pennsylvania in the following types of cases:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Rideshare accidents, including Lyft and Uber accidents
- Construction accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Workers’ compensation claims, mediation, and appeals
- Social security disability
- Slip and fall accidents and other premises liability matters
- Product liability cases involving defective or dangerous products
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Wrongful death, and more.
If you’ve been injured or lost a loved one in a Harrisburg accident, don’t hesitate to call our law firm for help. We’re here to help you pursue financial justice from those responsible for your injuries and suffering.
I Got Hurt in an Accident in Harrisburg – How Much is My Personal Injury Case Worth?
Each case is fact-specific, and the value of your claim will depend on:
- How serious your injuries are
- What type of injuries you’ve sustained
- Your current out-of-pocket costs
- Injury-related costs and expenses you’re likely to have in the future
- The degree to which you share blame for your injuries
- Your quality of life after the accident
- Whether you’re able to continue working after you get hurt
- And more
Typically, cases involving more serious injuries – like amputations, traumatic brain injuries, and spinal cord injuries – are worth more than those involving minor trauma. However, even cases involving seemingly- minor injuries can be worth quite a bit. At the end of the day, any amount of money can help to offset the costs and stress of an avoidable accident.
The best thing you can do is discuss your situation with an experienced attorney in Harrisburg. Reach out to our top-rated team today to learn more – we’re always standing by to take your call.
What Kind of Compensation Can I Get If I File a Personal Injury Claim?
In Pennsylvania, there are two types of compensation available to plaintiffs in a civil injury case: economic and non-economic damages. In rare cases, you can recover punitive damages as well.
Economic damages cover financial losses related to an accident, such as:
- Medical bills – present and future
- Lost wages and income
- Nursing care
- Property damage
- Funeral and burial expenses, if an accident is fatal.
Non-economic damages represent personal losses and cover:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Mental Anguish
- Changed physical conditions, and more.
Punitive damages are available in select cases. These damages punish the defendant for gross negligence or intentional misconduct. For example, a plaintiff might be able to recover punitive damages from a drunk driver.
Trust that our accident lawyers in Harrisburg will work tirelessly to identify all of the damages in your case and pursue maximum compensation for each and every one.
What’s Negligence and Why is it Important If I’ve Been Hurt in an Accident?
Negligence is a legal term for careless behavior. A person is negligent when they fail to act with reasonable care. When an individual’s unreasonable behavior harms another person, the victim might have a negligence claim for damages.
Negligence is composed of four elements: duty, breach, causation, and damages.
- Duty: the defendant must have owed you a duty of care
- Breach: the defendant must have failed to act reasonably and, as a result, breached the duty owed to you
- Causation: you sustained an injury that was a foreseeable consequence of the defendant’s conduct
- Damages: you have identifiable damages, as a result.
You must be able to prove each of these things in order to win your case and secure compensation. Proving negligence can be tough. It requires a comprehensive understanding of Pennsylvania tort law and civil procedure. It also needs insight into the best strategies for gathering and analyzing. supporting evidence.
Hiring a personal injury lawyer near you in Harrisburg, PA will help to ensure you have an advocate who’s well-equipped to help you win.
I’m Being Blamed for the Accident – Do I Still Have a Case For Damages?
It depends. Pennsylvania has modified comparative negligence laws with a 51% bar to recovery. This means that sharing the blame for an accident will not automatically prevent you from recovering compensation – as long as you’re not mostly at fault. You reserve the right to file a lawsuit as long as you’re assigned no more than 50% of the blame.
Keep in mind that sharing blame will affect how much your financial award can be. Your damages will be reduced to adjust for your share of the blame. If you’re assigned 20% fault, your financial award will be reduced by 20%.
Insurance companies love to blame the victim. Many times, they do so without evidence or facts to back up their claims. Marzzacco Niven & Associates is all too familiar with these tactics. We’ll step in to protect you by disproving claims that you share fault or working to minimize your liability.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After an Accident in Pennsylvania?
In Pennsylvania, the statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits is two years. You have two years from the date of your accident to file a civil action against the person (or parties) responsible for your injuries.
It’s critical to get a Harrisburg accident attorney on your side as soon as possible. Delays can weaken your case, dilute the strength of evidence, and put you on the defensive with the insurance company. Call our experienced legal team to get started with your free consultation today.
Will My Injury Case Go to Trial?
The majority of these cases do not go to trial; they are resolved through settlement negotiations. If your case starts out as an insurance claim, the insurance company may accept liability and pay your damages. Alternatively, it could deny liability or reduce the value of your claim due to a dispute over the value of your losses.
If you cannot negotiate a fair settlement with the insurer, it may be necessary to take your case to trial. Even the threat of a trial can force insurers to settle for a more favorable sum.
That’s why it’s always best to have an experienced trial attorney representing you after an accident. This will not only show insurance companies that you’re serious about your case, but help to ensure that your case is trial-ready and if when it gets to that stage.
At Marzzacco Niven & Associates Injury Law, we’re known for our success – inside and outside of the courtroom. Our trial attorneys are both respected and feared by insurance companies and defense attorneys in Harrisburg. Call us to learn about how to get us in your corner today.
What Should I Do If I’m Injured in an Accident?
The things you do (and say) after an accident matter. Here’s what you should (and shouldn’t do) after you get hurt.
- Remain at the Scene. It could be a crime to leave. Staying will help to preserve evidence and ensure details are reported properly.
- Report the Accident. This might be required by law. Call 911, notify the property owner, inform the manufacturer, or tell your employer – whatever might be most appropriate for your particular situation. Reporting the accident right away can be critical to preserving your right to seek compensation in the future.
- Seek Medical Care. Medical care can save your life and your injury claim. Some accidents cause injuries without visible symptoms. Quick medical care will diagnose these and other injuries and give you the best odds of a speedy recovery. Moreover, it will give you evidence of your injuries and losses for your insurance claim.
- Don’t Accept Blame. Accidents aren’t always straightforward. There could be multiple causes or contributing factors you’re not aware of. Admitting fault – or even just apologizing – can stop your case before it even starts.
- Resist the Urge to Accept an Early Offer. Insurers might try to pressure you to take a settlement offer shortly after your accident. This could be a red flag – indicating that they know you might have a case that’s worth a lot of money. If you settle for less, they know you’ll give up the right to ask for more money in the future when you realize what your case is really worth.
You should also call a Harrisburg trial attorney. We will work to protect your rights from day one and put you in a position to recover maximum compensation for your injuries.
How Much Does it Cost to Hire an Injury Lawyer in Pennsylvania?
Nothing upfront. Then anywhere between 33% and 40% of your financial award if the lawyer is able to win your case. That’s because most personal injury attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. You only have to pay if the attorney is able to secure a settlement or win for you at trial.
If we don’t win, you don’t pay. It’s that simple.
At Marzzacco Niven & Associates, we’re confident that we can help each and every client secure a successful outcome. That’s why we assume all of the financial risks and costs associated with litigation – from court costs and filing fees to the expense of hiring experts. If we win, those costs are reimbursed from your financial award and our attorneys get paid. This means there’s absolutely no risk to ask for our help.
Call Our Harrisburg Personal Injury Lawyers Today
Life after an injury accident can feel isolating, but you don’t have to go it alone. Our Harrisburg personal injury lawyers can help you obtain the money you need to move forward with your life.
Our Harrisburg law firm is waiting to hear from you and show you the path to financial recovery. Call Marzzacco Niven & Associates now for your free, no-risk consultation.