Did you or a loved one recently suffer an on-the-job injury in Harrisburg, PA? You may be able to recover compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering with the help of an experienced Harrisburg workplace accident lawyer. Marzzacco Niven & Associates can start fighting for the full compensation you deserve.
Our lawyers have been standing up for the rights of injured workers since 2008. We’ve won tens of millions of dollars in compensation for accident victims over the years.
How Marzzacco Niven & Associates Can Help After a Workplace Accident in Harrisburg
If you were hurt on the job, you’ll probably need help making ends meet while you recover. You may be entitled to compensation. However, you may not know how to recover that compensation. Moreover, you might not know whether you’re receiving everything you deserve. Our Harrisburg personal injury attorneys can help you at every stage of your work injury claim.
Since 2008, the attorneys at Marzzacco Niven & Associates have been helping injured workers and their families after a workplace accident. Our team includes Certified Workers’ Compensation Specialists who have recovered millions of dollars for clients in times of desperate need.
Here are some of the reasons why you should hire us to help:
- You may be entitled to additional benefits beyond workers’ compensation
- Multiple parties may be responsible for your accident–and they can all be held liable
- Your employer or the workers’ compensation insurance company might challenge your claim
- Others might try to blame you for causing the accident
- It can be difficult to know exactly how much your case is worth without help
Our Harrisburg personal injury lawyers investigate your accident to identify liable parties and potential avenues for compensation. We know how to win cases and get you the maximum compensation you deserve.
Call for a free initial consultation today to learn more.
How Common Are Workplace Accidents in Harrisburg?
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 5,333 American workers died in work accidents during 2019.
At least 154 Pennsylvania workers were killed on the job that year. Thousands more were injured or became sick in the workplace.
The Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry keeps track of workplace injuries and illnesses. In 2020, 147,918 workplace injuries and illnesses were reported. Of course, some industries are more dangerous than others.
In 2020, the industries with the highest numbers of work injury claims were:
- Trade, Transportation & Utilities: 41,744 Injuries
- Education & Health Services: 45,113 Injuries
- Manufacturing: 18,823 Injuries
- Construction: 8,028 Injuries
- Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing & Hunting: 1,047 Injuries
- Mining: 561 Injuries
At Marzzacco Niven & Associates, we handle all types of work injury claims in Harrisburg. If you were injured on the job, call today for a free case review.
What is My Harrisburg Workplace Accident Case Worth?
The value of your workplace accident claim depends on many factors, including whether you’re eligible to file a personal injury lawsuit.
Workers’ compensation laws protect employers and employees. Employees forfeit the right to sue their employer for damages after a work accident. In exchange, they’re typically guaranteed workers’ compensation benefits regardless of how the accident happened.
However, there are limits to the workers’ compensation system. Injured workers can only recover about ⅔ of their average weekly wages prior to the accident. While all medical care and rehab costs are covered, benefits are more limited than those available via the personal injury system.
In all cases, the nature and severity of your injuries will be a controlling factor in calculating the value of your case. Additional relevant factors include:
- The cost and duration of your medical treatment
- Your recovery time
- Your wages and income prior to the accident
- Whether you’ll return to work
In a personal injury case, additional relevant factors include:
- How the injury disrupted your daily life
- Any impact on your overall quality of life
- Your physical and emotional pain and suffering
Our Harrisburg workplace accident attorneys can offer additional information about how much your personal injury claim is worth during a free consultation.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Workplace Accident Victims?
Injured workers may be entitled to recover compensation through workers’ compensation or a personal injury lawsuit.
Workers’ Compensation in Pennsylvania
Nearly all Pennsylvania employers are required to carry workers’ compensation insurance.
When an employee is injured on the job, workers’ comp may provide benefits for:
- All reasonable and necessary medical expenses
- Total or partial disability
- Loss of use, if the accident caused the victim to lose the ability to use a body part
- Benefits for disfigurement
- Death benefits
There are a few different types of disability benefits available through workers’ compensation. Those benefits will depend on the nature and severity of your injuries.
Personal Injury Lawsuit
Work accident victims may be entitled to seek additional damages from a negligent third party. If someone other than your employer caused your accident, you may be entitled to both economic damages and non-economic damages.
You may be entitled to file a third-party claim if your accident was caused by a negligent property owner, manufacturer of defective work equipment, negligent driver, or another third party.
Our team at Marzzacco Niven & Associates can help you fight to recover fair compensation for:
- Past and future medical expenses
- 100% of your lost wages
- Lost earning potential
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Lost quality of life
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Anxiety, depression, and PTSD
- Loss of consortium
If you lost a loved one in a workplace accident, you may be entitled to file a wrongful death lawsuit to recover additional damages.
Can I Recover Damages If I’m Being Blamed for a Workplace Accident in Pennsylvania?
Workers’ compensation is a no-fault system. Sharing fault for your accident doesn’t bar you from filing a claim for compensation.
Pennsylvania’s modified comparative negligence laws become important if you file a third-party claim. If the insurance company can prove you were partly responsible, you may walk away with less money. Pennsylvania has a 51% bar to recovery. If you were 51% or more responsible for an accident, you’ll be barred from seeking compensation in a personal injury lawsuit.
We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Workplace Accident Injuries
Workplace accidents can cause a wide range of injuries. Some of the most common work-related injuries include:
- Sprains, strains and soft tissue damage
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Back injuries
- Broken bones
- Eye injuries
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Nerve damage
- Organ damage
- Chest injuries
- Crushing injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
Were you injured in an accident at work? Call Marzzacco Niven & Associates for a free case evaluation today.
What Causes Most Workplace Accidents in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania?
If you were hurt on the job, our workers’ compensation attorneys at Marzzacco Niven & Associates can help with your case.
We handle all types of work accident claims, including those involving:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Accidents where a worker is caught in between two objects
- Construction site accidents
- Injuries caused by heavy lifting
- Electrocution accidents
- Construction site accidents
- Manufacturing accidents
- Welding accidents
- Factory accidents
- Fires and explosions
- Exposure to live electricity and exposed electrical wires
- Scaffolding falls
- Roof and ladder falls
- Accidents involving heavy machinery
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Accidents involving falling objects
The workplace can be a chaotic place. There’s always the possibility that you could be hurt on the job.
Many work accidents are caused by:
- Violations of state and OSHA federal safety regulations
- Lack of proper protective gear
- Lack of fall protection
- Failure to properly train and supervise employees
- Communication failures
- Unsafe work equipment
- Defective machinery or tools
- Overexertion or repetitive stress
- Dangerous working conditions
Regardless of how or why you were injured, you may deserve compensation. Give our workers’ compensation lawyers in Harrisburg a call today to learn more about your legal rights and options. We’d be happy to review your case for free.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Workplace Accident in Pennsylvania?
You don’t have to prove negligence to claim workers’ compensation benefits. However, you will have to prove negligence to recover damages in a third-party lawsuit successfully.
To prove negligence, you’ll have to establish:
- A legal duty of care
- Breach of duty
- The damages you’ve sustained
Our lawyers can help you find the evidence you’ll need to support your claim. Call our law firm today to learn more about legal representation.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Workplace Accident in Pennsylvania?
The Pennsylvania statute of limitations gives work accident victims two years to file a personal injury lawsuit.
You have 120 days to give your employer notice of the accident and file a workers’ compensation claim. If your claim is denied, you have three years from the date of the injury to file a Claim Petition.
Contact a Harrisburg Workplace Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Were you hurt on the job? Call a Harrisburg workplace accident lawyer at Marzzacco Niven & Associates for a free consultation today. We can help you fight for the maximum compensation you deserve.
Our personal injury law firm in Harrisburg, PA also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Attorneys in Harrisburg, PA
- Car Accident Attorneys in Harrisburg, PA
- Child Injury Attorney in Harrisburg, PA
- Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers in Harrisburg, PA
- Product Liability Lawyer in Harrisburg, PA
- Social Security Lawyer in Harrisburg, PA
- Taxi Accident Lawyers in Harrisburg, PA
- Truck Accident Attorney in Harrisburg, PA
- Workers’ Comp Lawyer in Harrisburg, PA