Have you been injured in an accident in Carlisle, PA? You may be entitled to compensation for your pain and suffering, lost wages, and medical expenses. Turn to the experienced Carlisle personal injury lawyers at Marzzacco Niven & Associates to help you recover from your physical and financial setbacks.
Our talented attorneys have been helping personal injury victims like you since 2008. We’ve recovered tens of millions on behalf of our clients by taking a hands-on approach to every case.
How Marzzacco Niven & Associates Can Help You After an Accident in Carlisle, Pennsylvania
As an injury victim, every moment after your accident counts. Insurance companies will be waiting to capitalize on any mistake or misstatement you make related to your injury claim. You need a skilled Carlisle personal injury lawyer to protect your best interest after your accident.
What sets Marzzacco Niven & Associates apart from other personal injury law firms?
Among other things:
- We’re recognized as Super Lawyers and National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40
- We’ve been named one of the “Best Law Firms” by US News & World Report
- We’re members of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Our attorneys have more than 120 years of collective experience
- Two of our attorneys are Certified Workers’ Compensation Specialists by the Pennsylvania Bar Association Section of Workers’ Compensation Law
- Our lawyers have been selected for inclusion on the Best Lawyers in America list
- We’ve recovered millions and counting in compensation for our clients.
Our law firm will work tirelessly to meet your needs because we want what’s best for you. We are waiting to use our tested experience and knowledge to help you. Call Marzzacco Niven & Associates for a free consultation and start the process of financial recovery today.
Why Should I Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Hiring an experienced personal injury lawyer is critical to the outcome of your case.
- Insurance Companies Don’t Want You To: It’s true – the insurance company would much rather deal directly with you than an experienced attorney. Hiring a lawyer will level the playing field and set you up for a better outcome.
- You’re More Likely to Maximize Your Financial Recovery: Research shows that accident victims who hire lawyers not only win more often, but also win more in compensation. In fact, hiring a lawyer can result in a financial recovery that’s 3.5 times higher than if you’d handled it on your own.
- You Need Time To Recover: The pain and suffering from your accident can inevitably turn into a daunting task of recovery. You’ll be able to rest assured your needs are being taken care of, and you’ll have insight into the possibility of financial recovery.
For every day that passes, your odds of full financial recovery decrease. It’s essential to reach out to a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible after an accident so we can work to protect your ability to get the money you deserve.
Do I Have a Personal Injury Case?
It depends on how you answer these questions:
- Did you get hurt because someone else was negligent?
- Have you suffered injuries because of a dangerous or defective product?
- Were you the victim of an intentional assault?
If you said “yes,” then there’s a good chance that you might have a personal injury case.
Our Carlisle personal injury lawyers are here to determine your options for a personal injury claim. The burden is on you to prove the defendant caused your injury, so it’s essential to find the right attorney to represent you.
Carlisle, PA Accident Statistics: 2020 Update
According to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, there were a total of 2,029 car accidents in Carlisle and throughout Cumberland County in 2020. That reflected a slight drop from 2019, when the area saw 2,549 motor vehicle accidents.
That means there were roughly 5 to 6 accidents every day in Cumberland County in 2020.
Of course, traffic accidents aren’t the only cause of accidents, injury, and avoidable death in Carlisle. Central Pennsylvania, in particular, is home to some dangerous industries. Workplace accidents are extremely common here.
In fact, OSHA data revealed that 23 people were killed on the job in Cumberland and five surrounding counties between 2013 and 2018. Between January 2015 and February 2017, there were at least 234 accidents resulting in serious injuries to Central Pennsylvania laborers.
At Marzzacco Niven & Associates, we’re here to help all accident and injury victims in Carlisle. Give us a call today to learn about how we can be there for you after you get hurt.
Our Practice Areas in Carlisle, PA
At Marzzacco Niven & Associates, we represent clients who have sustained severe, life-changing injuries in accidents in Carlisle, Pennsylvania.
We regularly handle cases involving:
- Bicycle accidents
- Car accidents
- Catastrophic injuries, including traumatic brain and spinal cord injuries
- Dog bites and other animal bites
- Medical negligence, including birth injuries
- Motorcycle accidents
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Pedestrian accidents
- Premises liability
- Product liability
- Slip and fall accidents
- Social Security Disability applications and appeals
- Truck accidents
- Workers’ compensation claims, appeals, and mediation
- Wrongful death, and more.
At Marzzacco Niven & Associates, we believe it’s always in your best interest to speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer if you’ve been injured in an accident or lost a loved one unexpectedly. Call our law office today for a free consultation to discuss your case.
Why Should I File a Personal Injury Claim?
Injuries can be life-changing, and the financial burden can last for years. Filing a personal injury claim gives you the opportunity to seek damages for your injuries, pain, and suffering. It can help to offset your current financial distress and cover the injury-related expenses you’ll have in the future.
A claim can also help to keep others safe. A defendant who’s forced to pay a price for their negligence might think twice before acting the same way again in the future. Your case might not just benefit you – but others, as well.
I Got Hurt in an Accident in Carlisle. How Much is My Injury Case Worth?
Each case is fact-specific, and each injury requires individualized care. We would be doing you an injustice by estimating your case’s worth before a complete investigation into your accident.
Your case’s worth depends on numerous factors, including, but not limited to:
- The extent of your injuries
- The present and future cost of your medical bills
- Whether you’ve suffered a permanent disability
- Available insurance coverage
- Liability and fault of the parties
- The degree to which your ability to work and quality of life have been affected, and
- Resulting pain and suffering.
Generally, the more serious your injuries, the more your case will likely be worth.
It’s essential to reach out to a personal injury lawyer today for guidance about your claim. We can talk about your case during a free consultation.
What Compensation Can I Get After an Accident in Pennsylvania?
After an accident in Central Pennsylvania, you may have the right to seek compensatory damages for your injuries. Compensatory awards are divided into two categories: economic and non-economic damages. In rare cases, you can recover punitive damages as well.
Economic damages represent your financial losses after an accident and include:
- Medical/hospital bills
- Lost wages
- Nursing care
- Disability, and
- The cost and expense of a funeral, if an accident is fatal.
Non-economic damages cover more intimate and personal consequences, such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Mental Anguish
- Disfigurement, and
- Changed physical conditions.
In Pennsylvania, punitive damages are available in select cases involving gross negligence or willful, wanton, or reckless conduct. These damages are meant to punish the defendant for their reprehensible behavior. Any punitive awards are paid above and beyond compensatory damages in a personal injury case.
At Marzzacco Niven & Associates, our team of hand-picked personal injury lawyers has been helping clients like you get the compensation they deserve since 2008.
Can I Still Recover Compensation If I’m Partially to Blame For an Accident in Pennsylvania?
Pennsylvania has modified comparative negligence laws with a 51% bar to recovery. Simply put, you can recover compensation for your injuries as long as you’re not mostly to blame for the accident. Once you’re assigned more than half of the blame, your right to secure damages disappears.
If you are partly to blame, your damages will be reduced to reflect that. So, sharing 30% of the blame for your accident will mean that your damages will be reduced by 30%. You’ll also be liable for 30% of the damages sustained by other victims in the incident.
The defense will come after you and do everything in their power to blame you for your accident. That’s why you shouldn’t say anything to the insurance companies without speaking to an attorney.
By hiring an experienced Carlisle trial attorney, you will have a fighting chance to get the full compensation you deserve. Your attorney will protect you from allegations of fault to preserve your right to all your damages.
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
Although it seems like you have quite a while to file your claim, each day that passes puts your potential lawsuit at risk.
It’s critical to get an attorney on your side as soon as possible. The longer you wait to file, your odds of maximum recovery decrease.
How Much Does it Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
There are no fees unless we win your case. After your free consultation, you will sign a contingency fee agreement if you decide the firm will adequately represent your interests.
A contingency agreement layouts the terms of representation, including provisions for:
- Attorney’s compensation, usually between 33% and 40% of your recovery
- Court and filing fees
- Discovery costs, including hiring a court reporter and paying for deposition transcripts
- Expert witness testimony fees
- Obtaining copies of evidence, including public documents and records
- Overhead Costs, including copying and postage costs
Always discuss how your attorney’s fees will be calculated. It can make a difference in how much you’re ultimately going to walk away with when your case is over.
What is Negligence?
Negligence is a theory of law that personal injury victims use to recover compensation for their injuries. It means that one person (the plaintiff) suffered an injury because another person (the defendant) didn’t act reasonably under the circumstances.
Negligence is the primary cause of action for most – but not all – personal injury lawsuits in the state of Pennsylvania.
How Do You Prove Negligence?
There are four key elements in a negligence case. You, as the plaintiff, bear the burden of proof. It’s up to you to prove each of these things: duty, breach, causation, and damages.
The plaintiff must prove:
- The defendant owed them a duty of care
- The defendant breached that duty of care
- The defendant’s actions (or inaction) were the direct and foreseeable cause of the plaintiff’s injuries.
- The plaintiff sustained damages.
Failing to prove any of these things will mean that a personal injury case won’t be successful. That’s why it’s critical to hire a lawyer who understands the unique challenges that each negligence case can pose.
At Marzzacco Niven & Associates, we’ve been representing clients in negligence claims in Cumberland County and across the state since 2008. Our attorneys have more than a century of experience behind them – and that can be a huge advantage to you from the start.
Will My Personal Injury Case Go to Trial?
Most injury cases begin as insurance claims. You have the option to compromise with the insurance company and accept their settlement for your losses. In many cases, the insurer will offer you a low initial settlement package that doesn’t cover all your damages. You or your attorney may need to negotiate for a better settlement.
If the insurance company doesn’t offer a fair settlement, you might need to bring your case to trial to obtain full compensation. Likewise, if the insurance company is blaming you for the accident, a trial might be the best way to protect your rights.
It’s unlikely – but possible – that your personal injury case will go to trial. The best way to prepare is by making sure that you hire a lawyer with extensive courtroom experience. At Marzzacco Niven & Associates, we approach every case as if it will end up before a judge and jury. This ensures that we consider every detail and build the strongest possible arguments for our clients. In turn, insurance companies see that settling is their best option – and anything less than a fair offer just won’t cut it.
How Long Will My Personal Injury Case Take?
No lawyer can guarantee a set timeline for your case. Each case is fact-specific and depends upon the actions of each party.
If a settlement agreement can’t be reached, then your case will proceed to trial. However, 95-96% of personal injury cases are settled before they make it to trial.
Personal injury cases can take months or even years. It’s essential to hire an experienced lawyer who knows how to move your case along for the fastest and fairest resolution possible.
What Should I Do If I’m Injured in an Accident in Carlisle, Pennsylvania?
If you were injured in an accident, we recommend taking the following steps:
- Seek medical care immediately. Seeking prompt medical attention can help you recover from your injuries more quickly. It can also prevent you from aggravating injuries that do not have immediate symptoms after the accident — some symptoms may not show up until hours or days after the event.
- Report the accident. Call 911 or the local police in Carlisle to report your accident. Notify your employer if you were hurt on the job or a property owner if you were hurt on someone else’s premises. This might be required by law. Failure to do so can really hurt your personal injury case.
- Resist the urge to apologize. You might want to apologize or accept blame. Don’t. Insurance companies will use what you say against you in an effort to deny your claim.
- Call a lawyer. Don’t try to deal with insurance adjusters or other parties on your own. The best thing you can do is to hire a lawyer to represent you and handle your case.
At Marzzacco Niven & Associates, we’re here to take your call whenever you need us: 365.
Contact Our Carlisle Personal Injury Lawyers For a Free Consultation
Were you or a family member recently injured in an accident in Carlisle, PA? Contact Marzzacco Niven & Associates for a free consultation. Our Carlisle personal injury attorneys may be able to help you seek damages for your medical bills, lost wages, and suffering.
Since 2008, we’ve fought for Carlisle injury victims just like you. Let us put our 120+ years of legal experience to work for you today. Your first consultation is free, so give us a call now.
Carlisle, PA Hospitals
- UPMC Carlisle – 361 Alexander Spring Rd, Carlisle, PA 17015
- Baptist Health Center – 60 Conway St, Carlisle, PA 17013
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.
Carlisle Personal Injury Review
Read more for client reviews here.