Have you recently been involved in a Lyft car accident in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania? Whether you were a passenger in the back of the rideshare vehicle, driving another car, or a bystander, you could be entitled to a sizable financial award. The experienced Harrisburg Lyft accident lawyers at Marzzacco Niven & Associates are here to help you maximize your financial recovery.
Since 2008, our nationally acclaimed litigators have stood up for crash victims and families in the capital and across the state of Pennsylvania. Our hard work and dedication have helped clients like you win tens of millions of dollars in life-changing recoveries.
Benefit from over 120 years of combined experience and a team that genuinely cares about you and your Lyft accident case. Contact our law office in Harrisburg, PA to arrange a time for a free case evaluation now at (717) 231-1640.
How Marzzacco Niven & Associates Can Help If You’ve Been Hurt in a Lyft Accident in Harrisburg, PA
How can you prove that the Lyft driver or another party is responsible for your rideshare accident and injuries? What happens if your claim gets denied or other parties refuse to accept responsibility for your injuries? How much money can you expect to receive when you file a Lyft accident lawsuit in Pennsylvania?
You shouldn’t have to deal with issues like these alone, especially when recovering from serious and catastrophic trauma. Our experienced personal injury attorneys are ready to take on these challenges on your behalf.
We understand what you’re up against and how much of a fight insurance companies will put up as you seek the compensation you deserve. We’ll be ready to invest whatever time, resources, and manpower may be needed to get you the results you deserve.
While you have the time to focus on getting better, our Harrisburg car accident attorneys will:
- Handle all aspects of your car accident claim for damages
- Oversee a thorough investigation into the crash and surrounding circumstances
- Consult with experts and specialists throughout the process
- Gather information and evidence that can be used to build and strengthen your claim for damages
- Defend against potential claims that you share responsibility for the crash or failed to mitigate your injuries
- Handle negotiations with the Lyft driver’s insurance company, Lyft’s insurance company, and other potentially liable parties
We’re Pennsylvania trial attorneys who will be more than ready to take your case to court if you’re not offered a fair settlement. We work on contingency, which means there’s absolutely no risk in hiring our law firm. We only get paid if we were in your case – end of story.
Give us a call or connect with us online to set up a time for a free consultation and learn more about how we can help you get through this difficult time.
What Causes Most Lyft Accidents in Harrisburg?
Like most car accidents, Lyft crashes are almost entirely avoidable. Even though Lyft drivers are not subject to any special licensing or certification requirements, they are still expected to drive with reasonable caution, just like anyone else on the road.
When Lyft accidents do happen, it’s often because a Lyft driver is negligent in some way. Why?
- Lyft drivers tend to be more distracted than other motorists on the road. They are often checking the app for a ride request, checking their GPS for directions, messaging with a passenger, or searching for a passenger on the side of the road; their attention is frequently diverted from the task at hand: driving safely.
- The more rides a Lyft driver can complete, the more money they’ll make. So, Lyft drivers may speed and ignore safety laws to get trips completed faster.
- Many Lyft drivers have other jobs. Lyft is a secondary source of income for them. This can mean that a driver starts a shift after they’ve already put in a full day. As a result, a driver may be overworked, overtired, and have difficulty concentrating or staying awake. This is particularly true when a Lyft driver works at night when the demand for rideshare services tends to be highest.
Lyft drivers aren’t always entirely or even partially responsible for auto accidents. Other contributing factors can include:
- Vehicle malfunction or defect
- Bad weather conditions
- Road defects
- Road construction
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Improper stopping or passing
- Unsafe or illegal turns
It’s critical to identify every potential cause of your Lyft accident. Once causation is established, our Harrisburg personal injury attorneys can begin determining liability and who’s on the hook for your damages.
Who’s Liable For Injuries After a Harrisburg Lyft Accident?
Insurance will generally be the primary source of compensation after a Lyft accident in Harrisburg, PA. Whose insurance company pays depends on what the rideshare driver was doing at the time of the crash.
- Lyft driver off duty: when the Lyft driver is not logged into the app and actively seeking work, their own private insurance company will be responsible for damages.
- Lyft driver waiting for a ride request: when the Lyft driver is logged into the app and actively waiting for a request from a passenger, Lyft has a limited insurance policy that kicks in. If the driver is involved in a wreck, the policy will cover up to $50,000 in bodily injury per person, $100,000 in bodily injury per accident, and $25,000 in property damage.
- Lyft driver has accepted a ride request: once the Lyft driver has accepted a ride request in the app, Lyft has a million-dollar auto liability insurance policy that goes into effect.
If insurance does not cover the cost of your Lyft accident damages, or if your claim is denied, you can pursue compensation from a negligent Lyft driver or another liable party with a personal injury lawsuit.
What’s My Lyft Car Accident Case Worth?
The value of your case will really depend on how bad your injuries are and how your life changes after the Lyft collision.
Other factors to consider include:
- Your age
- Your earning capacity before and after your Lyft accident
- Psychological and emotional effects of your Lyft auto accident
- Your need for personal care assistance if you are diagnosed with a disability or permanent impairment
- Shared fault and responsibility for your Lyft Accident
At Marzzacco Niven & Associates, our Lyft accident attorneys in Harrisburg, PA can help you more fully understand how much money you may be able to get if you file a claim. Reach out to our team to set up a time for a free consultation now.
What Damages Can I Recover in a Lyft Accident Case?
Plaintiffs in Lyft accident claims can generally recover economic and non-economic damages for their injuries and losses.
Economic damages cover the monetary cost of an accident, such as:
- Current and future medical bills
- Lost income and wages
- Property damage
- Nursing care
Non-economic damages cover the more subjective and personal trauma victims tend to experience, like:
- Pain and suffering
- Depression and anxiety
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
Marzzacco Niven & Associates will work closely with car accident experts, medical professionals, vocational rehabilitation specialists, and other experts as we identify and assess your damages. Their insight into your trauma can help us more fully understand how your Lyft accident will affect your life and help us seek full compensation on your behalf.
Rideshare Accidents Can Cause Devastating Injuries
Marzzacco Niven & Associates represents clients who have suffered severe and catastrophic injuries, as well as families who have lost loved ones in fatal Lyft accidents.
Please do not hesitate to call us for assistance if you’ve sustained:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Neck injury
- Back injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Soft tissue damage
- Nerve damage
- Crushing injury
- Chest injury
- Broken bones
- Joint injury
- Wrongful death of a family member
It’s important to seek medical treatment immediately after you are involved in an accident with a Lyft rideshare vehicle. Your trip to the hospital will not only limit the chances of severe complications or death but can also provide an important piece of evidence should you decide to pursue compensation down the line.
What’s the Statute of Limitations For Lyft Accident Lawsuits in Pennsylvania?
Under Pennsylvania law, you will have up to two years to file a Lyft accident lawsuit that results in injury or wrongful death.
The two-year anniversary of your Lyft accident is the deadline. If you haven’t filed a claim by then, you will have lost the right to recover compensation for your Lyft injuries.
Schedule a Free Consultation With an Experienced Harrisburg Lyft Accident Lawyer
Put your best foot forward after a Lyft accident in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Call Marzzacco Niven & Associates to find out how our Harrisburg Lyft accident lawyers can help you demand accountability and maximize your financial award.
We provide a free, no-obligation case evaluation, so give us a call at our law office in Harrisburg for a complete or convenient online form for assistance. We are always available to provide the help you need, 24/7/365.