Did you recently suffer injuries in a taxi accident in Lancaster, Pennsylvania? Contact Marzzacco Niven & Associates and discover how our Lancaster taxi accident lawyers can help you achieve the best results in your personal injury case.
Since 2008, we’ve been known as a leading advocate for injured crash victims and devastated families in Lancaster and throughout the Keystone State. We put our clients first and work hard to make a meaningful difference in their lives. Our results are a testament to that – we’ve won tens of millions of dollars for clients like you.
Table of Contents
How Marzzacco Niven & Associates Can Help After a Taxi Accident in Lancaster, PA
Taxi accidents aren’t like other types of car accidents. They involve someone who is driving for hire. So, the law can get complicated, and you can be sure that the driver’s employer will work hard to avoid paying damages.
You can set yourself up for a financial victory by turning to our Lancaster personal injury lawyers for help.
Our Lancaster personal injury lawyers have spent decades going head-to-head with well-funded insurance companies, taxi services, and corporations. Our tireless pursuit of justice has helped us win millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts in the process.
Our team has the resources and experience you’ll need to win, and we’re ready to handle your entire case from start to finish so you can focus on getting better.
- Coordinate a thorough investigation into your taxicab accident
- Determine what caused the collision and identify who’s at fault
- Enlist the help of experts and specialists
- Gather critical pieces of evidence and information to support your fight for compensation
- Seek damages from all liable parties
- Anticipate strategies to shift blame and limit your financial payout
- Handle negotiations with the cab company, its insurer, and other parties
- Represent you at trial and fight to convince a jury of your peers that you deserve more than the lowball offers you received, if necessary
At Marzzacco Niven & Associates, our personal injury attorneys in Lancaster work on contingency. We only recover attorney’s fees if we help you recover compensation after your taxi accident. You pay absolutely nothing until we win.
Your first consultation is free, so give us a call to get started now.
What Causes Most Taxi Accidents in Lancaster?
Despite the rise of rideshare services like Uber and Lyft, taxis are still a popular way to travel through cities like Lancaster.
Unfortunately, not all trips in a taxi will end well. Car accidents involving taxis happen, and they’re usually a result of driver negligence. Some studies suggest that taxi accidents are somewhat linked to a driver’s income.
This might be due to the fact that a driver might:
- Work long hours and become fatigued behind the wheel
- Turn to drugs or alcohol to cope with the stress of the job
- Be susceptible to distractions
- Become aggressive and make unsafe turns or maneuvers,
and engage in other dangerous activities to complete more fares and earn more money.
In other cases, taxi accidents can be the result of negligent hiring, vehicle defects, road defects, bad weather, or other factors outside of a driver’s control.
Who’s Liable For a Lancaster Taxi Accident?
It’s easy to want to blame the taxi driver for an accident involving a cab in Lancaster. And while the taxicab driver might be at fault, they may not be the only one who contributed to the wreck. Under Pennsylvania state law, anyone who plays a part in a crash can be on the hook for resulting damages.
Potentially liable parties might include:
- Taxi company or service
- Taxi driver
- Another negligent motorist
- Taxi passenger
- Property owner
- Government agency
Our taxi accident attorneys in Lancaster will actively pursue damages from anyone who contributed to your crash.
What Do I Have to Prove to Win a Taxi Accident Case in Pennsylvania?
Unless your taxi accident was caused by a defective vehicle or piece of safety equipment, your case will likely be based on negligence.
- The defendant owed you a duty of care (e.g., follow traffic laws, pay attention to the road)
- The defendant breached this duty of care (e.g., sped through a stop sight, texted while driving)
- The defendant’s actions were the direct and proximate cause of your accident, and
- You’ve sustained identifiable damages.
Since taxis are common carriers, it means that taxi drivers (and taxi services) assume a heightened duty of care. In other words, drivers must exercise the highest degree of care when transporting passengers from one place to another. So, it can be easier to establish a driver’s negligence since the bar is that much higher.
Under Pennsylvania law, you’ll have the burden of proving your taxi accident case by a preponderance of the evidence. Your case, as supported by evidence and facts, must be more likely true than not.
What’s My Lancaster Taxi Accident Case Worth?
The value of your taxi accident case will depend on things like:
- Your age
- Your earning capacity (before and after you get hurt)
- The types of injuries you suffered in the taxicab accident
- Your shared fault for the collision, if any
- Whether the accident aggravated pre-existing medical conditions
These and other factors will play a critical role in calculating how much money you should receive when you file a taxi accident claim.
The best way to learn about your case and its value is by connecting with an experienced personal injury attorney near you in Lancaster. Call Marzzacco Niven & Associates to set up a free case evaluation today.
What Compensation is Available to Taxi Accident Victims in Lancaster?
Economic damages are intended to make you whole after your taxi accident, offsetting related financial costs and expenses.
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Nursing assistance
- Property damage
Non-economic damages, on the other hand, compensate taxi accident victims for the intangible and hard-to-value trauma they experience.
At Marzzacco Niven & Associates, our taxi accident attorneys in Lancaster will work closely with medical professionals, vocational rehabilitation specialists, and other experts throughout your case. They can provide us with insight that really allows us to understand the scope and impact of your taxi accident. The more we know and understand what you’re going through, the better prepared we’ll be to secure a meaningful financial award when your case is resolved.
What Are Common Taxi Accident Injuries?
It doesn’t matter if you’re a taxi passenger, an occupant of another vehicle, or a pedestrian on the street. The injuries you sustain in a taxi accident can be severe and fundamentally change the course of your life.
At Marzzacco Niven & Associates, we help taxi accident victims seek compensation for:
- Brain injury
- Neck injury
- Back injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Nerve damage
- Soft tissue damage
- Lacerations and cuts
- Broken bones
- Wrongful death of a family member after a fatal taxi accident in Lancaster
Always seek medical treatment at the closest hospital in Lancaster after an accident. Once your condition is stable, do not hesitate to reach out to our top-rated legal team to discuss your legal rights and options.
When Do I Have to File a Taxi Accident Lawsuit in Pennsylvania?
In Pennsylvania, a two-year statute of limitations applies to most taxi accident lawsuits.
So, you must file your claim within
- Two years of the date of your taxi accident, or
- Two years of the date of a loved one’s wrongful death.
Don’t miss the deadline that applies to your case. Once time runs out, you forfeit the right to file a lawsuit and demand the financial accountability you need and deserve.
Schedule a Free Consultation With an Experienced Lancaster Taxi Accident Lawyer
Are you struggling with debilitating injuries because a taxi driver in Lancaster was negligent? Fight for the compensation you deserve, and let our Lancaster taxi accident lawyers lead the charge for maximum recovery.
Benefit from a team of attorneys with 120+ years of experience that’s won millions on behalf of crash victims in Pennsylvania. We offer a free, no-obligation case evaluation and work on contingency. You pay nothing to hire our law firm unless we win your case.
Call to speak with a member of our acclaimed legal team today. We are available 24/7/365 to provide the support you need.
Visit Our Law Office in Lancaster, PA
Our personal injury law firm in Lancaster, PA also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Lancaster, PA
- Brain injuries
- Car accidents in Lancaster
- Construction Accident Lawyers in Lancaster, PA
- Lancaster truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents in Lancaster, PA
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer in Lancaster, PA
- Social Security Lawyer in Lancaster, PA
- Workers’ comp in Lancaster
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Lancaster, PA