Are you a bicyclist who was recently involved in a bicycle accident in Lancaster, PA? You may be entitled to compensation if someone else is at fault. The experienced Lancaster bicycle accident lawyers at Marzzacco Niven & Associates are here to fight to maximize your financial recovery.
Our award-winning attorneys have more than 120 years of combined experience fighting for injury victims and families across central Pennsylvania. Through tireless advocacy, we’ve helped our clients recover tens of millions of dollars in life-changing financial awards.
If you’ve been hurt in a bike accident, we’re here to help you fight for the money you deserve, too. Contact our law office in Lancaster, Pennsylvania to learn more about your legal options and how our law firm can help you get through this difficult time. Your first consultation is free, so call us to get started today at (717) 616-2954.
Table of Contents
How Marzzacco Niven & Associates Can Help After a Bike Accident in Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Why did your bicycle accident happen? Who’s at fault? How do you get the money you need to cover the costs of your medical care and lost wages?
All of these are important questions. But getting the answers can often be more difficult than you might imagine – especially when an insurance company is putting up a fight.
Fortunately, you don’t have to take on your fight for compensation on your own. The personal injury attorneys in Lancaster at Marzzacco Niven & Associates are here to guide you every step of the way.
In fact, our respected legal team will handle every aspect of your bicycle accident case while you take the time you need to focus on getting better.
While you recover, our Lancaster personal injury law firm will:
- Investigate your bike accident to determine causation, fault, and liability
- Secure important pieces of evidence that we’ll use to build and strengthen your claim for damages
- Consult with leading experts, including car accident reconstructionists, medical professionals, therapists, and vocational rehabilitation specialists
- File an insurance claim and/or pursue damages in a third-party lawsuit on your behalf
- Defend you if other parties attempt to say that you’re at fault for the bike crash or your injuries
- Use tried-and-true negotiation tactics to get you the best possible terms in a settlement agreement
- Have a skilled litigator bring your case to a jury if insurance companies refuse to negotiate fairly
Our Lancaster bicycle accident attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, which means there’s no risk in getting us on your side. You only pay for our legal representation if we win your case – end of story.
How Common Are Bicycle Accidents in Pennsylvania?
Every year, hundreds of bicyclists are hurt in car accidents across the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. While the total number of accidents involving bicyclists has decreased in recent years, the number of deaths from these bike accidents has remained fairly consistent.
In 2019, there were a total of 1,020 bicycle accidents in Pennsylvania. Those crashes resulted in no fewer than 16 deaths.
In 2020, the total number of bike accidents dropped to 819. However, fatalities rose. That year, 22 bicyclists were killed in auto accidents in Pennsylvania.
What’s My Bicycle Injury Case Worth After an Accident in Lancaster?
As a bicyclist, you don’t have a lot to protect you if you’re hurt in a crash or hit by a car. The resulting injuries can be quite catastrophic. In turn, medical treatment and ongoing care can get expensive. If you’re unable to work, that adds to the financial burdens you’ll experience. Plus, you have to factor in the trauma and suffering you have and will endure because of your experience.
These are all things that will influence the value of your personal injury case.
Other important considerations include:
- What types of injuries you’ve sustained
- How your earning capacity has been affected
- How old you were at the time of your bike accident
- Whether the collision aggravated any pre-existing medical conditions
- If you share fault or responsibility
- If you took the necessary steps to mitigate your bike accident injuries
Each bicyclist’s personal injury case will be different. So, it’s important to discuss the circumstances of your situation with an experienced personal injury attorney near you in Lancaster, PA. Marzzacco Niven & Associates is standing by to provide the assistance you deserve. Give us a call to arrange a time to talk about your case today.
What Causes Most Bicycle Accidents in Lancaster, PA?
Some of the most common causes of bike accidents in Lancaster include:
- Driver or bicyclist distraction
- Drunk driving
- Failure to yield the right of way to a bicyclist at an intersection
- Failure to look for bicyclists in traffic before making a turn
- Limited visibility
- Riding in a car or truck’s blind spot
- Inexperienced operator
- Swerving to avoid a hazard
- Road defects
- Inadequate (or non-existent) bike lanes or infrastructure
- Failure to provide enough of a buffer when passing a cyclist
- Unsafe lane changes
- Hazardous weather conditions
- Road rage and refusal to share the road safely
Don’t admit fault or take the blame for a bike accident, even if you suspect that you’re responsible. The only way to truly understand why a bicycle accident occurred is by making sure it’s subject to a thorough, independent investigation. You can make sure that happens by calling our Lancaster bicycle accident attorneys immediately after a wreck.
What Damages Can I Recover If I Get Hurt in a Lancaster Bicycle Crash?
Under Pennsylvania state law, victims of bike accidents can recover economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages account for financial costs and expenses of a bicycle wreck, like:
- Medical bills, including hospitalization, medication, surgery, medical devices, and future medical care
- Lost wages and income
- Property damage
- Funeral costs if a bicycle accident is fatal
Non-economic damages make up for the costs of a bike accident that are incredibly personal. These don’t have set financial costs, but have serious impacts on victims’ lives.
Also referred to as pain and suffering damages, this can include money for:
- Loss of quality of life
- Chronic physical pain
- Mental anguish
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Loss of consortium
Our attorneys will aggressively pursue damages to cover all of your financial costs (present and future), and the distress and anguish you experience from your bike accident. Get in touch to learn more about what compensation may be available to you today.
I’m Getting Blamed For a Bicycle Accident in Lancaster – Can I Still Get Compensation?
Pennsylvania follows a modified comparative negligence law with a 51 percent bar to recovery. This means that you can share some of the blame for a bicycle accident and still recover damages. However, once you’re assigned most of the fault, your right to a financial award disappears.
Keep in mind that insurance companies and those responsible for your bicycle crash will probably try to point fingers. The more liability you’re assigned – even if it’s just a fraction – the less money they’ll have to pay. Many times, these allegations aren’t backed by evidence or based on facts.
When you have our attorneys in your corner, we’ll fight back and work to defend you and your right to compensation. If you are partly at fault, we’ll do everything in our power to limit how much blame is ultimately assigned to you.
What’s the Time Limit For Filing a Lawsuit After a Bicycle Accident in Pennsylvania?
Pennsylvania has a two-year statute of limitations for most bicycle accident lawsuits.
There are some exceptions, but they’re few and far between. For instance, minors have additional time to file a lawsuit. On the other hand, you could have less time if a government agency is responsible for your accident and resulting injuries.
If you miss the deadline that applies to your case, you’ll give up the right to file a claim and recover the money that you need and deserve.
Bike Accident Victims Can Struggle With Severe, Catastrophic Injuries
At Marzzacco Niven & Associates, we proudly represent clients who, after being involved in a bicycle accident, have sustained:
- Broken bones and fractures
- Neck injury
- Back injury
- Injury to the hands and arms
- Knee injury
- Leg and foot injury
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Crushing injury
- Nerve damage
- Burn injury
- Road rash
- Soft tissue damage
- Wrongful death, and more.
Don’t hesitate to seek medical care as soon as you can after a bike crash in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. Prompt care can be critical for your health and the future success of your personal injury claim.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Trusted Lancaster Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Don’t let negligent motorists, bike manufacturers, or other responsible parties off the hook for your bicycle accident in Lancaster. Fight for the money you deserve, and do it with Marzzacco Niven & Associates on your side.
Our Lancaster bicycle accident lawyers have 120+ years of combined experience and have won tens of millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts. Let us help you win the money you deserve, too.
We offer a free consultation, so give our law office in Lancaster a call to get started now.
Visit Our Law Office in Lancaster,PA
Our personal injury law firm in Lancaster, PA also provides:
- Brain Lawyers in Lancaster, PA
- Car Accident Attorneys in Lancaster, PA
- Construction Accident Lawyers in Lancaster, PA
- Motorcycle Attorneys in Lancaster, PA
- Product Liability Lawyer in Lancaster, PA
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer in Lancaster, PA
- Social Security Lawyer in Lancaster, PA
- Truck Accident Attorney in Lancaster, PA
- Workers’ Comp Lawyer in Lancaster, PA
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Lancaster, PA