When you purchase a product, you expect that product to do what it was intended to do. You do not expect the product to cause an injury to you or a loved one. Sadly, defective products injure and kill millions of people each year.
The Lebanon product liability lawyers of Marzzacco Niven & Associates understand the devastation a defective product can cause. Our Pennsylvania personal injury lawyers have over 120 years of combined experience in personal injury law. Since 2008, our law firm has recovered millions of dollars in personal injury cases.
We want you to know that you are not alone. Our team of lawyers in Lebanon, Pennsylvania, is ready to fight to secure the compensation you deserve for a product liability claim. Contact our personal injury law firm at (717) 995-8963 to schedule your free consultation with one of our Lebanon product liability attorneys.
Table of Contents
How Our Lebanon Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help if You’ve Been Injured by a Defective Product
Product liability claims are complex personal injury cases. They require experience, knowledge, and resources to pursue. Our lawyers at Marzzacco Niven & Associates have considerable experience representing injured victims and their families.
Our legal expertise and client commitment resulted in recognition as one of the Best Law Firms by US News & World Report. Our lawyers have received prestigious honors as Super Lawyer Rising Stars, Best Lawyers in America, and Top 40 Under 40 by the National Trial Lawyers. Our winning track record resulted in membership in the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
When you hire our award-winning team of top-rated personal injury lawyers in Lebanon, PA, we handle all aspects of your product liability claim, including:
- Conducting an independent investigation to determine what caused your injury
- Identifying the product defect and the parties responsible for the defect
- Working with leading experts in applicable fields to gather additional evidence supporting your claim
- Documenting your damages and working with financial professionals and medical specialists to determine how much your claim is worth
- Handling all communications and negotiations with at-fault parties and their insurance companies
- Filing a product liability lawsuit and having a skilled trial litigator argue the case in court, if necessary
We stand up for the rights of victims injured by dangerous products. Our legal team has the skills and resources to go up against the largest corporations. We’ll keep fighting to prove that you are entitled to fair compensation from the parties responsible for your injuries.
Our lawyers work on a contingency fee basis. Therefore, you do not pay upfront attorneys’ fees to hire our Lebanon personal injury law firm. Instead, we accept a percentage of the amount we recover for your case as our attorney’s fees.
Call us today to schedule a free case evaluation with an experienced product liability lawyer in Lebanon, PA.
What Is a Product Liability Claim in Lebanon, PA?
Product liability is the legal doctrine that gives someone a cause of action for damages when a product causes injury or harm. A party can be held strictly liable for damages caused by a defective product under Pennsylvania’s product liability laws.
Strict liability does not require a victim to prove that a party was negligent to hold them liable for damages. Instead, all the victim needs to prove is that the product was defective and the defect caused their injury and damages.
Common causes of action for product liability cases in Pennsylvania include:
- Design Defect – The product is inherently dangerous because of its design. The product’s value does not outweigh the inherent danger of its use.
- Manufacturing Defect – The product is defective because of a problem during the manufacturing process. The manufacturer may have changed the design specs or used inferior materials. Contamination during manufacturing is another common manufacturing defect.
- Marketing Defect – These defects arise because of a failure to warn consumers of the risk of using a product or a failure to provide adequate instructions for its safe use.
A product defect claim could also fall under general negligence. However, you need to prove that the at-fault party failed to meet the standard of care required for the situation. The standard of care in a negligence case is based on what a reasonable party would have done in a similar situation.
Defective Products Cause Catastrophic Injuries and Wrongful Deaths
Defective products can cause severe injuries, permanent impairments, and deaths. Our Lebanon product liability lawyers handle cases involving all types of injuries from defective products, including:
- Amputations and loss of limbs
- Facial injuries
- Hearing loss
- Broken bones and fractures
- Vision loss and/or eye injury
- Severe burns and disfigurement
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Internal organ damage
- Neck and back injuries
- Soft tissue injury
- Nerve damage
It is crucial that you seek immediate medical treatment for injuries caused by defective products. If you suspect a product caused your injury, tell your doctor so that they can include that information in your diagnosis and treatment plan.
How Much Is My Product Liability Claim Worth?
The amount your case is worth depends on numerous factors. The factors that can impact the value of damages in a product liability claim include:
- The types of injuries you sustained
- The treatments you received for your injuries
- The severity of the injuries and whether they caused permanent scarring, disfigurement, or disability
- Your appearance before and after the accident
- Whether you can return to your job or perform any type of gainful employment
- Your potential liability for causing your injuries (i.e., contributory fault)
- The evidence in your case
- The parties involved in the case
Our legal team at Marzzacco Niven & Associates works diligently to maximize the compensation you receive for a product liability claim. We pursue each party who could be liable for damages and do not stop until we exhaust every source of compensation for your claim.
What Damages Can I Receive for a Lebanon Product Liability Case?
The types of damages you receive for a product liability case depend on the circumstances of your case. However, most victims are entitled to receive compensatory damages. These damages fall into two categories:
These damages represent the financial losses you incurred because of the defective product. Examples of economic damages in a product liability case include:
- Past and future medical bills
- Property damage
- Past and future lost wages
- Personal care and household services
- A decrease in earning capacity
- In-home nursing care and/or long-term skilled care
- Out-of-pocket expenses
The value of your economic damages is the total cost of the expense. Financial, vocational, and medical experts may assist in estimating the cost of future damages.
Non-economic damages represent the suffering and pain you experience because of your injuries and recovery. Examples of non-economic damages in a product liability case include:
- Diminished quality of life
- Emotional distress
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Mental anguish
- Disability and impairment
- Physical pain and suffering
There is no formula for calculating non-economic damages. We use the facts of the case to support maximum recovery based on the severity of the impact the injuries have on your life.
If a few cases, victims could receive punitive damages. However, juries only award punitive damages if the defendant’s conduct meets the legal definition of being malicious, willful, wanton, or oppressive.
We Handle All Types of Product Liability Claims in Pennsylvania
Any product could be potentially harmful for a consumer to use. At Marzzacco Niven & Associates, our Lebanon product liability lawyers handle all types of defective product claims, including:
- Medical devices and equipment
- Prescription drugs
- Over-the-counter medications
- Household appliances
- Personal care products
- Children’s toys and furniture
- Hand tools and power equipment
- Fireworks and explosives
- Heavy machinery
- Car seats and child restraint systems
- Vehicles, tires, and airbags
- Personal care products
- Vape pens
- And many more
If you suspect that a product caused your injuries, call our office to discuss your case with a Lebanon product liability lawyer. Whenever possible and safe to do so, store the product for use as evidence. Keep the packaging, instructions, and other items related to the product. The packaging and instructions could be evidence in a product liability case.
What Is the Deadline To File a Product Liability Lawsuit in Lebanon, PA?
Deadlines for filing lawsuits are set by the Pennsylvania statute of limitations. The amount of time you have to file a lawsuit varies depending on the type of lawsuit and other factors.
Most product liability lawsuits have a two-year deadline to file lawsuits. The court may dismiss lawsuits filed after the deadline.
However, exceptions exist that could alter the deadline to file a claim. Therefore, it is wise to seek legal counsel as soon as you suspect that a product has caused an injury or illness.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Lebanon Product Liability Lawyers
You deserve to be compensated for the pain and suffering you experienced because of a defective product. Our legal team is available now to discuss how we can help you with a product liability claim. Call now to request your free case review from an experienced Lebanon product liability attorney.