Were you or a loved one hurt on the job in Chambersburg, PA? Don’t let the insurance companies bully you into accepting less than you deserve. An experienced Chambersburg workplace accidents lawyer at Marzzacco Niven & Associates can help you fight for fair compensation to cover medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering.
Since we opened our doors in 2008, we’ve done everything we can to protect injured workers across Central Pennsylvania. Our legal team has recovered tens of millions of dollars in the process.
You could be entitled to file a personal injury lawsuit to recover benefits in addition to workers’ comp. To learn more, call our law offices in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, at (717) 388-2378 to schedule a free consultation today.
How Marzzacco Niven & Associates Can Help After a Workplace Accident in Chambersburg, PA
At Marzzacco Niven & Associates, our Chambersburg injury attorneys have over 120 years of experience between us. We have the skills to help you recover the maximum compensation you deserve.
Over the years, we’ve been recognized by Super Lawyers, Best Lawyers of America and The National Trial Lawyers’ “Top 40 Under 40”. We also have two certified workers’ compensation specialists on our team. Most importantly, we’ve recovered meaningful settlements and verdicts to help countless clients get back on their feet.
Hiring our law firm means you’ll gain an advocate to:
- Help you understand your legal options
- Determine whether you can file a personal injury lawsuit
- Assess the fair value of your case
- Help you file your workers’ compensation claim
- Handle any challenges to your workers’ comp benefits
- Negotiate with the insurance companies to get money in your pocket
Don’t let the insurance company decide how much money you deserve. Call our experienced Chambersburg, PA legal team to fight to protect your legal rights today.
How Common Are Workplace Accidents in Chambersburg, PA?
Nationwide, the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reported 5,333 fatal workplace accidents in 2019. 154 of those fatal accidents happened in Pennsylvania.
Of course, thousands of workers are hurt in non-fatal accidents. The Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry publishes data about workplace accidents across the state. During 2020, 147,918 work-related injuries and illnesses were reported in the state of Pennsylvania.
Some industries are more dangerous than others. In Pennsylvania, some of the most dangerous industries in 2020 were:
- Education & Health Services: 45,113 Injuries
- Trade, Transportation & Utilities: 41,744 Injuries
- Manufacturing: 18,823 Injuries
- Professional & Business Services: 10,813 Injuries
- Construction: 8,028 Injuries
Those categories might be surprising. However, while construction workers might suffer some of the most serious injuries, any type of work-related injury can derail your life.
Whether you were hurt on a construction site or in an office building downtown, our lawyers in Chambersburg can help. Just call our law offices to learn more about our legal services today.
What is My Workplace Accident Case Worth?
First, your lawyer will evaluate the circumstances to determine whether you’re limited to workers’ compensation benefits.
The value of your weekly workers’ comp check depends on:
- Your wages prior to the accident
- The duration of your recovery
- Whether you can work in any limited capacity
Most injured workers are entitled to receive ⅔ of their average weekly wages during their recovery. However, if workers’ comp is the only option, the state will cap your weekly check at $1,205 in 2022–regardless of your prior earnings history.
Additional factors are relevant if you’re entitled to file a third-party lawsuit. While you can’t sue your employer for damages, other parties don’t receive the same protection. In other words, if a negligent third party caused your accident, you may be entitled to sue for damages.
The value of your case will depend on:
- Your out-of-pocket expenses
- Your financial losses, including lost wages and income
- The impact of the injury on your quality of life
- Your physical and emotional suffering
For more details about the value of your case, contact an experienced Chambersburg workplace accidents attorney at Marzzacco Niven & Associates for a free case review.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Workplace Accident Victims?
The types of damages available in workplace accident cases depend on how you pursue compensation. Most injured workers are entitled to workers’ compensation benefits.
However, it’s also possible that you may be entitled to file a lawsuit against a negligent third party, such as a:
- Property owner
- General contractor
- Negligent driver in a motor vehicle accident
- Manufacturer of defective work equipment
- Third-party vendor
To learn more about your options, call our law firm for a free case evaluation today.
The Pennsylvania workers’ compensation system provides the following types of benefits:
- All reasonable and necessary medical expenses
- Temporary disability benefits
- Permanent disability benefits
- Benefits for disfigurement or inability to use a body part
- Death benefits for surviving family members, if the work accident was fatal
The types of benefits you’ll receive will depend on the nature of your work injury.
Personal Injury Lawsuit
Examples of the types of damages that may be available include:
- Medical expenses (past and future)
- The full amount of your lost income
- Reduced earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Physical therapy
- Nursing care
- Emotional trauma
- Loss of consortium
Our lawyers in Chambersburg can help you identify the specific damages that you may be entitled to receive.
Can I Recover Damages If I’m Being Blamed for a Workplace Accident in Pennsylvania?
Workers’ comp is a no-fault system. You’re entitled to file a claim for workers’ compensation even if you’re blamed for causing the accident.
However, shared fault can become an issue if you’re also entitled to file a personal injury lawsuit. Under Pennsylvania comparative negligence laws, you could lose your right to compensation if you’re 51% or more “at fault” for the accident. Even if you’re less than 51% liable, your damages can be reduced to account for your own share of fault.
We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Workplace Accident Injuries
At Marzzacco Niven & Associates, our lawyers represent clients who have sustained:
- Broken bones
- Nerve injuries
- Eye injuries
- Hearing damage
- Soft tissue injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Musculoskeletal disorders
- Repetitive stress injuries, such as carpal tunnel syndrome
- Back injuries
- Crushing injuries
- Amputation injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
These injuries can prevent you from working and limit your future. To learn more about your right to compensation, call our lawyers in Chambersburg for a free case evaluation today.
What Causes Most Workplace Accidents in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania?
Some of the most common causes of workplace accidents include:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Exposure to live electricity
- Lack of fall protection gear
- Failure to follow state and OSHA safety regulations
- Missing safety equipment
- Communication failures
- Negligent hiring practices
- Failure to properly train and supervise workers
- Defective products and unsafe work equipment
The cause of your accident will determine how you can seek compensation for your work injury.
We Handle All Types of Workplace Accident Claims in Chambersburg
Our legal team regularly handles all types of work accident claims, including those involving:
- Scaffolding accidents
- Electric shock accidents
- Exposure to toxic chemicals
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Slip and fall accidents
- Car accidents
- Crane accidents
- Forklift accidents
- Falls from roofs or ladders
- Accidents involving falling objects
- Accidents where the worker is caught between two objects
- Defective equipment accidents
- Premises liability and negligent security
- Product liability
- Fires and explosions
- Trucking accidents
- Workplace violence, including assault and sexual assault
- Medical malpractice
Regardless of how your accident happened, it never hurts to get legal advice. To learn more about your rights, call for a free initial consultation today.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Workplace Accident in Pennsylvania?
Workers’ compensation in Pennsylvania is a no-fault system. You won’t have to prove negligence to recover workers’ comp benefits.
However, if you are seeking compensation from a negligent third party, your personal injury case will probably be based on negligence.
To successfully recover compensation based on a third party’s negligence, you must establish:
- The at-fault party’s legal duty of care
- A breach of duty
- The damages you sustained
Do you need help finding evidence to support your personal injury claim? Call our law offices to learn more about creating an attorney-client relationship today.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Workplace Accident in Pennsylvania?
It’s important to act quickly after you’re hurt on the job. You must notify your employer within 120 days of the accident to preserve your right to claim workers’ compensation.
Contact a Chambersburg Workplace Accidents Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Were you injured on the job in Franklin County? You don’t have to handle your case alone. Call a Chambersburg workplace accidents lawyer at Marzzacco Niven & Associates to schedule a free consultation today.