Did you or a loved one suffer a catastrophic injury in Harrisburg, PA? If someone else was responsible for your injury, you may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and other damages. Let an experienced Harrisburg catastrophic injury lawyer at Marzzacco Niven & Associates help you fight for the money you deserve.
We have been in business since 2008. Rest assured, we’re well-prepared for even the most complex injury claims. We’ve proven our success where it counts — by recovering millions of dollars in compensation for our clients. Let us help you after your accident.
Table of Contents
How Marzzacco Niven & Associates Can Help With a Catastrophic Accident Claim in Harrisburg
If you or a loved one are struggling with a catastrophic injury, you deserve time to focus on recovery. Medical treatment can be all-consuming and cause many accident victims to worry about money. Losing wages and income while you recover only complicates the matter.
A personal injury lawyer in Harrisburg can help you fight for the compensation you need to rebuild your life.
At Marzzacco Niven & Associates, our legal team has dedicated their careers to helping accident victims and their families in Pennsylvania. We’ve recovered millions of dollars for these clients, earning us recognition as “Best Lawyers in America.” But we’re not done yet; we want to help you recover the money you deserve after your accident.
When you hire Marzzacco Niven & Associates to protect you, we will:
- Help you understand all of your legal rights and options
- Investigate to identify the parties who are responsible for your injuries
- Search for evidence to support your personal injury claim
- Hire experts and specialists to help assess the fair value of your claim
- Negotiate the maximum available settlement with the at-fault party’s insurance company and defense lawyers
Since 2008 our lawyers have been helping clients like you. We know the stakes are high. We’re ready to protect your interests in court if the insurance company refuses to offer a full settlement.
Take action today. Call our law firm to schedule your free consultation with a Harrisburg personal injury attorney who can help.
Overview of Catastrophic Injuries
Catastrophic injuries fundamentally change a person’s life. Any injury can become catastrophic if serious enough.
From a legal perspective, the term “catastrophic injury” typically refers to an injury that is so severe that it prevents the victim from performing any type of gainful work.
Types of Catastrophic Injury
At Marzzacco Niven & Associates, we handle all types of catastrophic injury cases. Examples of the types of injury that may be considered catastrophic include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Paralysis, including monoplegia, paraplegia, tetraplegia, and quadriplegia
- Full-thickness burn injuries
- Amputations and loss of limbs
- Chest injuries
- Internal organ damage and bleeding
- Multiple broken bone injuries
- Vision damage and blindness
- Hearing loss
The consequences of a catastrophic injury can be difficult to imagine. You’ll have to rethink everything, from how you earn a living to how you go about your daily life.
These cases require a detailed understanding of the law. Our Harrisburg catastrophic injury lawyers have been in business since 2008. We’re well-prepared to help your family fight for the compensation you deserve. Just give us a call today to get started.
What are the Signs and Symptoms of Catastrophic Injuries?
The signs and symptoms of a catastrophic injury can vary dramatically depending upon the injury involved. Some catastrophic injuries are obvious. Others can take time to develop and worsen.
Traumatic Brain Injuries
Victims of a serious brain injury might experience:
- Confusion or memory loss
- Loss of consciousness
- Dizziness and vision changes
- Nausea or vomiting
These symptoms can indicate that the brain has been severely damaged.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Some victims of spinal cord injuries don’t experience paralysis immediately. Some signs and symptoms of serious spinal cord damage include:
- Loss of sensation or numbness in the limbs, hands, or feet
- Difficulty controlling bladder or bowel movements
- Changes in sexual function
- Exaggerated reflexes
- Acute back pain
- Loss of motor function
Regardless of the injury involved, it’s important to seek medical attention quickly after an accident. Proper medical attention can greatly reduce the risk that your injuries will become worse.
What are the Long-Term Consequences of Catastrophic Injuries?
The long-term consequences of a catastrophic injury can be far-reaching.
Depending on the injury, those consequences may include:
- Assistance with the activities of daily living, including bathing, eating, dressing, etc.
- Diminished cognitive abilities
- Permanent loss of an important bodily function
- Treatment in a long-term care facility
- Severe depression and other psychological issues
- Dependency on pain medications
- A need for medical devices, such as a prosthesis or wheelchair
- Painful, ongoing medical treatment and surgeries
Unfortunately, some catastrophic injuries are also fatal.
Are you or a loved one struggling with the consequences of a catastrophic injury? Our lawyers can help recover the compensation you need to move forward.
What Causes Most Catastrophic Injuries?
There’s always a chance that you could be seriously hurt if you’re involved in an accident. Even a common motor vehicle accident can have devastating consequences for the victim.
Some of the most common causes of catastrophic injuries in Camp Hill and Harrisburg include:
- Car accidents
- Assault and violence
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bus accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Boating accidents
- Sports accidents
- Construction accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Dog bites
- Defective products
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse or neglect
If you were injured, you deserve to know who caused your injuries. Our legal team at Marzzacco Niven & Associates can help you get answers. We’ll conduct a full investigation into your accident to determine causation and identify all responsible parties.
Things are challenging right now. Our lawyers are here to help in any way we can, so call our law firm for a free case evaluation today.
What is My Harrisburg Catastrophic Injury Case Worth?
By definition, catastrophic injuries are life-changing events. Compared to the average injury, your medical bills will be higher, your lost wages will be more extensive, and your overall pain and suffering will be dramatic.
Still, you can expect the insurance company to try to discount the value of your personal injury claim. Our lawyers can help you get a true sense of how much your case is worth. We’ll analyze all factors that might impact the value of your claim, including:
- The cost, duration, and nature of your medical treatment, rehabilitation, and any specialized care
- Your overall prognosis
- Whether your injuries will diminish your future earning capacity
- Any assistance you might need with activities of daily living, such as eating and getting dressed
- How the injury impacts your quality of life and family
- Your age, health, and life expectancy prior to the accident
Insurance companies sometimes step up quickly and accept responsibility. They might even offer an attractive settlement award. Don’t be fooled by this tactic. You should always have an experienced lawyer review any offer before you sign.
The insurance company knows you’ve been seriously hurt. They also know that you’ll need money for medical care and to make ends meet. All too often, accident victims mistakenly accept lowball settlements that don’t fully account for their losses.
Our lawyers are here to prevent you from making the same mistake. We’ll review your case for free. To get the legal advice you deserve, call for a free case review today.
What Compensation Can I Recover for Catastrophic Injuries in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania?
At Marzzacco Niven & Associates, we’ll seek full compensation from all parties who share responsibility for your injuries. Because catastrophic injuries have far-reaching impacts, it’s important to recognize all types of damages you may deserve.
Pennsylvania personal injury laws classify compensatory damages as either economic or non-economic.
Economic damages have a clear financial value. They include compensation for past and future:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Physical therapy
- Rehabilitative care
- Long-term care
- Medications and medical devices
- In-home assistance and in-home modifications
- Increased transportation costs
Non-economic damages aren’t always easy to value but are an equally important part of your settlement or verdict. Examples include:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Chronic pain
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of your independence
- Anxiety and depression
- Loss of consortium
If you lost a loved one to a fatal injury, you may also be entitled to pursue damages for wrongful death under the Pennsylvania wrongful death laws.
How Long Do I Have to File a Catastrophic Injury Lawsuit in Pennsylvania?
Like all other states, Pennsylvania has a deadline for filing a personal injury lawsuit. For most accident victims, the statute of limitations is two years from the date of the accident.
It’s essential to take this deadline seriously. We know that you have a lot on your plate. However, once the two-year deadline passes, you’ll forfeit your right to compensation.
Contact a Harrisburg Catastrophic Injury Lawyer for a Free Consultation
The skilled attorneys at Marzzacco Niven & Associates have been helping accident victims in Harrisburg since 2008. Call an experienced Harrisburg catastrophic injury lawyer for a free initial consultation today.
Visit Our Personal Injury Law Office in Harrisburg, PA
Our personal injury law firm in Harrisburg, PA also provides:
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Harrisburg, PA
- Child Injury Attorney in Harrisburg, PA
- Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers in Harrisburg, PA
- Product Liability Lawyer in Harrisburg, PA
- Social security disability cases
- Taxi Accident Lawyers in Harrisburg, PA
- Truck Accident Attorney in Harrisburg, PA
- Workers’ compensation lawyers