Were you or a loved one injured because of a dangerous or defective product in Harrisburg, PA? You may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and your pain and suffering. An experienced Harrisburg product liability lawyer at Marzzacco Niven & Associates will work tirelessly to help you get the money you need and deserve.
Our lawyers have decades of combined experience handling personal injury claims. Over the years, we’ve recovered tens of millions of dollars to help injured clients get back on their feet again.
Table of Contents
How Marzzacco Niven & Associates Can Help With a Product Liability Claim in Harrisburg
Big corporations earn significant profits selling consumer goods. At Marzzacco Niven & Associates, we believe that product manufacturers should be held responsible when they allow dangerous consumer products to enter the market.
However, product liability laws are extremely complex. Manufacturers and their insurance companies understand these laws. They have the resources to challenge your claim. You deserve an experienced personal injury attorney in Harrisburg who can help you fight back.
Our lawyers have decades of experience handling product liability claims. Our lawyers have been recognized by the Super Lawyers peer review system. We’ve also been ranked among the Top 40 under 40 by the National Trial Lawyers.
When you hire us, you can expect us to:
- Investigate to identify the product defect
- Retain respected experts and specialists to bolster your claim
- Handle all insurance negotiations and communications with defense lawyers
- Identify all sources of compensation and demand fair compensation from all responsible parties
Our skilled Harrisburg personal injury attorneys don’t back down from a fight. If the insurance companies refuse to play fair, we won’t hesitate to take your case to trial. Call for a free case review today to learn more about how we can fight to maximize your compensation.
How Common Are Dangerous Products?
You should be able to trust that the products you bring home are safe. Unfortunately, dangerous and defective products enter the market every day. Studies estimate that dangerous products cause as many as 40 million injuries and 46,200 deaths in the U.S. each year.
A few statistics illustrate the risk of dangerous products:
- About one-third of all FDA-approved prescription drugs have unanticipated side effects
- In 2020, 886 auto recalls impacted nearly 55 million Americans
- Over a decade, dangerous medical devices were linked to approximately 83,000 deaths and 1.7 million injuries worldwide
The FDA, NHTSA, ETA, and CPSC are all tasked with protecting consumers from dangerous products. Still, defective products are recalled every year–sometimes after they’ve already caused significant harm. Other defective products are never recalled, even if they’re dangerous.
What is My Harrisburg Product Liability Case Worth?
No two personal injury claims are exactly alike. To accurately assess the value of your case, your lawyer will have to carefully analyze the facts.
However, some factors that tend to be relevant include:
- The severity of your injuries
- The cost of your medical treatment
- Whether you’ll require ongoing medical care or therapies
- Whether you contributed to your injuries
- The type of defect and product involved
Some products impact a wide range of people. If your case qualifies for a class-action lawsuit, that fact can also influence the value of your settlement.
Shared fault can also be an issue. Under Pennsylvania comparative negligence laws, your settlement or verdict can be reduced if you’re found partly responsible for causing your own injuries.
Contacting an experienced Harrisburg product liability attorney is the best way to get a sense of how much your personal injury case is worth. We offer free consultations, so call Marzzacco Niven & Associates to schedule yours today.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Victims in Product Liability Lawsuits?
You may be entitled to money for:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Past and future lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
- Physical disfigurement and scarring
- Anxiety and depression
- Loss of consortium
- Wrongful death
Our lawyers are prepared to fight for the full range of damages available. Give us a quick call today to learn more about our practice areas and how we can put our skills to work for you.
We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Injuries
Defective products have been linked to a wide range of injuries. Depending upon the danger, you may suffer mild, severe, or even fatal injuries.
At Marzzacco Niven & Associates, we represent clients who have sustained:
- Brain injuries
- Eye injuries
- Facial injuries
- Broken bones
- Electrocution injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Organ damage
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
Any one of these injuries can disrupt your life. Contact our legal team for a free consultation today to discuss your case in more detail.
We Handle All Types of Product Liability Claims in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
At Marzzacco Niven & Associates, we handle all types of product liability claims in Harrisburg, including those involving dangerous:
- Children’s toys and furniture
- Household appliances
- Work equipment and tools
- Airbags, seatbelts, and other vehicle components
- Medical devices
- Prescription drugs
- Car seats
- Household chemicals
- Lawn care products, including Roundup weed killer
- Personal care products and talcum powder
- Food and beverages
- Vape pens
- And more
Any type of product can suffer from a defect. If you or a family member were injured, call our law firm to schedule a free case review today. We can help you understand your legal rights and options.
How Do I Establish Fault in a Product Liability Case in Pennsylvania?
Manufacturers are required to make sure the products they sell are reasonably safe for consumers. Under Pennsylvania product liability laws, companies can be held financially responsible when people get hurt because of product defects.
Pennsylvania is a strict liability state when it comes to product liability law. In other words, victims don’t have to prove negligence to recover damages. Manufacturing companies can be held liable solely for allowing the defective product to enter the market.
To recover compensation in a product liability case, you must prove:
- The product was defective
- You suffered an injury (or damages)
- The defect directly caused your injury
- You were using the product as intended (or in a reasonably foreseeable way)
Generally, you may be entitled to compensation if you wouldn’t have been injured “but for” the product’s defect.
When is a Product Considered “Defective”?
There are three primary types of product defects: design defects, manufacturing defects, and marketing defects.
- Design Defects. A design defect is a flaw in the way the product is designed. When a design is defective, all products will be defective, even when they’re manufactured properly. Products with design defects are dangerous even when used as intended. However, to recover compensation, you may be required to prove that a safer alternative design existed.
- Manufacturing Defects. Manufacturing defects exist when a product isn’t assembled according to specifications. In other words, some error occurs during the assembly process that deviates from the product’s design. For example, a bicycle may be defective if the wrong materials are used in assembling a batch.
- Failure to Warn. Companies must warn consumers about any non-obvious risks associated with using a product. If an alternative, safer design isn’t feasible, manufacturers can avoid liability by providing adequate warnings and instructions. Failure to warn is a type of marketing defect.
Product manufacturers typically aren’t responsible for injuries caused by an obvious danger posed by the product. They also aren’t responsible for consumers who misuse products–unless the misuse was reasonably foreseeable.
Product liability claims are almost always complicated. Expert witness testimony may be necessary to prove your case. Our lawyers in Harrisburg are up to the challenge. Call Marzzacco Niven & Associates to schedule your free case evaluation today.
It’s possible to recover compensation based on negligence if the product wasn’t defective. In other words, manufacturers and sellers can also be held liable if you can establish:
- A legal duty of care
- Breach of duty
You’ll have to prove that the company made some type of mistake to recover damages. For example, breach of warranty claims are often based on negligence.
How Long Do I Have to File a Product Liability Lawsuit in Pennsylvania?
Under Pennsylvania law, injured parties have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit. Once the statute of limitations expires, you lose your right to sue for damages.
The clock begins to run on the day you knew or reasonably should have known that the dangerous product caused your injuries.
Contact a Harrisburg Product Liability Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Challenging a large corporation can be intimidating. You don’t have to do it alone. Call an experienced Harrisburg product liability lawyer at Marzzacco Niven & Associates today. We offer a free consultation, so there’s no reason to worry about the cost.
We Handle All Types Of Cases in Pennsylvania:
- Harrisburg Employment Discrimination Lawyer
- Social Security Disability Lawyer in Harrisburg, PA
- workers’ compensation lawyer in Harrisburg
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Harrisburg, PA
- Bicycle Accident Attorneys in Harrisburg, PA
- Car Accident Attorneys in Harrisburg, PA
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in Harrisburg, PA
- Child Injury Attorney in Harrisburg, PA
- LGBTQ Discrimination Lawyer in Harrisburg, PA
- Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers in Harrisburg, PA
- Product Liability Lawyer in Harrisburg, PA
- Taxi Accident Lawyers in Harrisburg, PA
- Truck Accident Attorney in Harrisburg, PA