Have you recently been injured in a taxi accident in Harrisburg, PA? Contact Marzzacco Niven & Associates for help. You may be entitled to a substantial monetary award, and our Harrisburg taxi accident lawyers can help you fight to maximize your financial recovery.
For years, Marzzacco Niven & Associates has been advocating for injury victims in Harrisburg and across the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Through hard work and dedication, we’ve recovered tens of millions of dollars in benefits, settlements, and jury awards.
Benefit from over 120 years of combined legal experience by getting our law firm in your corner. Give our Harrisburg, Pennsylvania law office a call to arrange a free consultation at (717) 231-1640 to learn more. Our team is standing by to take your call 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Table of Contents
How Marzzacco Niven & Associates Can Help After a Taxi Accident in Harrisburg, PA
What caused your taxi cab accident? Is the cab driver to blame, or did someone else contribute to the wreck? Who is financially responsible for your injuries and suffering? How much money is your case worth, and what can you do if someone tries to blame you?
These are all important questions, but not ones that you should have to tackle on your own. That’s where our Harrisburg personal injury attorneys can help.
We’ve been handling complex personal injury lawsuits and going up against tough insurance companies for decades. We understand how important a financial recovery can be after a devastating car accident, and we’re prepared to invest whatever time and resources are needed to get you the results you deserve.
While you have the much-needed time to focus on getting better, our award-winning litigators will:
- Investigate the circumstances of your taxi cab accident
- Determine who is at fault and who may share financial responsibility for your medical bills, lost income, and suffering
- Gather evidence, including photographs, medical reports, accident reports, witness statements, vehicle maintenance records, and physical evidence from the scene
- Consult with reputable car accident experts and specialists
- Negotiate with the taxicab service, insurance providers, and other parties on your behalf
- Be prepared to bring your case to a jury in Dauphin County if you aren’t offered a fair settlement deal
Our Harrisburg taxi accident attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. You pay nothing unless we win your case. There’s no risk in getting our help, so don’t hesitate to reach out to us to arrange a time for a free case evaluation now.
What Causes Most Taxi Accidents in Harrisburg?
Taxi drivers in Pennsylvania are required to obtain a special license before they can operate a cab. Taxi cab vehicles must be properly licensed, registered with the state, and maintain special insurance in the event of a crash. Taxi services have an obligation to hire competent drivers, train them accordingly, and supervise their activity to ensure compliance with state and local law.
Given these things, most taxi cab accidents are entirely avoidable events. When a cab accident does happen, it’s usually because someone is negligent.
Some common causes of taxi cab accidents in Harrisburg include:
- Driver distraction
- Unsafe lane changes
- Stopping to drop off or pick up passengers in an unsafe location
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Driver fatigue
- Road rage
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Failure to look for pedestrians or bicyclists in an intersection or crosswalk
- Inadequate vehicle maintenance
- Negligent hiring
- Road defects
Auto accidents involving taxis can also occur when a vehicle or piece of safety equipment is defective, there’s road construction, or the weather conditions are poor.
What’s My Harrisburg Taxi Cab Accident Case Worth?
Generally speaking, the value of a taxi cab injury case will depend largely on the types of injuries you suffer and how much your life changes because of your accident.
However, many factors will influence how much money you might be able to get after a taxi accident in Harrisburg, including:
- Your ability to continue working
- If you are expected to make a full physical recovery
- How you’ve been affected emotionally and psychologically
- The degree to which you share responsibility for your taxi accident
- Whether you took the proper steps to mitigate your injuries
- How old you were at the time of the crash
- The cost of replacing and repairing damaged property
- Other present and future out-of-pocket expenses
The greater the impact the crash has on your life, the more money you may be able to get. The best way to know more about the value of your specific case is to speak directly with an experienced Harrisburg personal injury attorney near you.
Reach out to Marzzacco Niven & Associates to arrange a time for a free case evaluation today.
What Damages Are Available to Pennsylvania Taxicab Accident Victims?
Economic damages are paid to account for the monetary costs and losses you experience because of your accident.
This can include money for:
- Current medical bills
- Future medical expenses
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Lost income and wages
- Lost benefits
- Reduced earning capacity
- Funeral and burial expenses if a taxi accident is fatal
On the other hand, non-economic damages are awarded to compensate you for the pain and suffering you’ve endured. These damages are difficult to value and vary significantly from one victim to the next.
Some common examples include:
- Chronic physical pain
- Depression and anxiety
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of consortium
Punitive damages may be available if you have been hurt because a negligent taxi driver (or another at-fault party) acted intentionally or showed a reckless disregard for your safety. This might be the case in a fatal crash involving a hit-and-run driver or a taxicab driver who was extremely drunk behind the wheel.
When Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Taxi Accident in Pennsylvania?
Pennsylvania has a two-year statute of limitations that applies to most car accident lawsuits. This includes crashes that involve vehicles for hire like taxicabs.
So, you will typically have two years from the date you get hurt or lose a loved one in a fatal taxicab accident to file a civil claim for damages.
Once the deadline that applies to your case expires, so does your right to demand compensation. It’s important to act quickly to safeguard your right to damages and preserve essential pieces of evidence that can help you get maximum compensation.
Are Taxis Common Carriers in Pennsylvania?
Most taxi accident lawsuits involving cabs are based on negligence. Negligence means that a driver (or another party) owed you a duty of care, breached it, and caused you to get hurt and suffer damages.
But lawsuits involving taxi cabs are slightly different from other car accident cases. Taxis are considered to be common carriers in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
A common carrier is a vehicle or service that’s hired to transport people from one place to another in exchange for a fee. Since taxi services and cab drivers are paid to be responsible for the safety of their passengers, Pennsylvania state law imposes a heightened duty of care.
This essentially means that cab drivers and taxi services must be extra careful when transporting passengers. Minor missteps or errors can be considered a breach of duty of care (even if they wouldn’t be in other car accident cases).
In turn, it can be easier to establish negligence and recover compensation for your related injuries and suffering.
Who Can Be Liable For a Taxi Accident in Harrisburg, PA?
Under Pennsylvania state law, anyone contributing to a traffic accident can be liable for the consequences.
Following a thorough investigation of your taxi accident, our car accident lawyers may determine that one or more of the following parties share fault:
- Taxi driver
- Taxicab company or service
- Third-party motorist
- Pedestrians or bicyclists
- Property owners
- Vehicle manufacturers
- Mechanics or vehicle maintenance specialists
- Government agencies
Our legal team will aggressively pursue damages from anyone who indirectly or directly contributes to your taxi accident and injuries.
Schedule a Free Consultation With an Experienced Harrisburg Taxi Accident Lawyer
Whether you’ve suffered a traumatic brain injury, broken bones, burns, or another catastrophic injury in a taxi accident in Harrisburg, Marzzacco Niven & Associates will be there to help you fight for the compensation you deserve.
Contact our top-rated Harrisburg taxi accident lawyers to discuss your legal rights and options. We offer a free case evaluation, and our legal team is always available to take your call.
Our personal injury law firm in Harrisburg, PA also provides:
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Harrisburg, PA
- Bicycle Accident Attorneys in Harrisburg, PA
- Car Accident Attorneys in Harrisburg, PA
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in Harrisburg, PA
- Child Injury Attorney in Harrisburg, PA
- Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers in Harrisburg, PA
- Product Liability Lawyer in Harrisburg, PA
- Social Security Lawyer in Harrisburg, PA
- Taxi Accident Lawyers in Harrisburg, PA
- Truck Accident Attorney in Harrisburg, PA
- Workers’ Comp Lawyer in Harrisburg, PA