Did you recently suffer injuries in a Lyft car accident in Carlisle, Pennsylvania? Call the experienced legal team at Marzzacco Niven & Associates. Our award-winning Carlisle Lyft accident lawyers can help you pursue the substantial monetary award you need and deserve.
Since 2008, crash victims have turned to Marzzacco Niven & Associates for help after life-changing accidents. As top-rated Pennsylvania trial attorneys with more than 120 years of combined experience, we’ve successfully recovered tens of millions of dollars in compensation for clients like you.
Level the playing field and set yourself up for the result you deserve by turning to our acclaimed legal team for help. Contact our Carlisle, PA, law office today, or call at (717) 995-8732. Your first consultation is free.
Table of Contents
How Marzzacco Niven & Associates Can Help After a Lyft Accident in Carlisle, PA
Did the Lyft driver’s negligence cause your car accident? Did someone else contribute to the crash? Can you sue Lyft for your injuries? What kind of evidence will you need to make a strong case for damages? What if the insurance company tries to lowball you?
Now is the time to focus on healing from your injuries and figuring out how to move forward with your life. That’s tough to do when you’re struggling with these types of questions. Give yourself the opportunity to get better by turning to our experienced Carlisle personal injury lawyers for help with your Lyft ridshare accident claim.
At Marzzacco Niven & Associates, we’re recognized as Super Lawyers, Best Lawyers in America, and Top 40 Under 40 Trial attorneys because we’ve demonstrated an unrivaled ability to take on tough cases and win big results.
When you hire our personal injury law firm in Carlisle, you’ll be able to count on us to:
- Explain your legal rights and options
- Coordinate a prompt investigation into your Lyft rideshare accident
- Seek out medical records, accident reports, Lyft app data, driver records, property damage, photographs, video footage, witness statements, and other evidence during discovery
- Identify all insurance policies that apply to your case
- Determine if you have the right to sue a third party for damages above and beyond what insurance will pay
- Enlist the help of experts and use their input to build a compelling legal claim for damages
- Use tried-and-true negotiation tactics to leverage a life-changing settlement offer on your behalf
- Bring your Lyft accident lawsuit to a Cumberland County jury if you don’t receive a settlement offer that covers the full extent of your damages
We won’t let the insurance company or at-fault party dictate the terms of your Lyft accident case. Trust that we’ll do everything in our power to help you move forward with the compensation you need and deserve.
Our law firm represents Lyft accident victims in Carlisle on a contingency fee basis. You’ll pay nothing unless we win money for your Lyft injury claim. Reach out to our law office to set up a time for your free consultation and learn more.
How Much Is My Lyft Injury Claim Worth?
Whether you’re riding in the back seat of a Lyft or are in another vehicle, getting into a Lyft car accident can be costly. However, there’s no one-size-fits-all solution for Lyft injury victims. Every accident is unique. So is the value of each individual Lyft injury claim.
Several factors will be important when determining how much money you might be able to recover after a Lyft accident in Carlisle, PA:
- What types of injuries have you suffered?
- Do your injuries interfere with your ability to work?
- Has your earning capacity or income changed since your Lyft accident?
- Are you permanently or temporarily disabled?
- How old are you?
- Has your quality of life changed?
- What out-of-pocket costs have you had?
- What insurance benefits are available? What are the policy limits?
You’ll face resistance as you pursue compensation from an at-fault party or insurance company. Our Lyft accident attorneys in Carlisle won’t let them undermine your claim. We’ll prepare a compelling legal claim that not only helps you win, but sets you up to recover damages that truly reflect what your Lyft accident case is worth.
What Causes Most Lyft Accidents?
Like other types of car accidents, some of the most commonly reported causes of Lyft rideshare accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Fatigued driving
- Reckless driving
- Illegal turns
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Braking errors
- Stopping illegally
- Unsafe passing
Our Lyft accident attorneys in Carlisle will carefully evaluate your crash to determine precisely why and how it happened. Knowing the underlying cause is critical to prove liability and help you maximize your recovery.
Can I File a Lawsuit Against Lyft After a Rideshare Car Accident?
Lyft is generally not responsible for accidents involving its rideshare drivers. The company has gone to great lengths to classify its drivers as independent contractors. Since the drivers aren’t employees, Lyft is not vicariously liable for driver negligence.
However, Lyft does have insurance to protect passengers in the event of an accident. There are limits as to when these policies apply to rideshare accidents, though.
How Do I Get Compensation After a Carlisle Lyft Accident?
Anyone who contributed to your Lyft accident can be responsible for your damages. This can include the driver of a passenger vehicle, the manufacturer of a defective vehicle, a property owner, or your Lyft driver.
However, Pennsylvania is a “choice no-fault” state, so your options may hinge on whether you’ve selected full or limited tort coverage. If you have a limited tort policy, you can only file a claim against the at-fault party under certain circumstances.
Regarding Lyft driver insurance mentioned above, one or two policies may apply, depending on what the driver was doing at the time of the accident:
- Lyft driver waiting for a ride request: When a Lyft driver is logged into the app and waiting for a ride request, Lyft has a limited insurance policy that covers accidents. Lyft’s policy includes bodily injury protection ($50,000 per person, $100,000 per accident) and property damage ($25,000). However, Lyft’s policy is secondary and only applies if the driver’s personal insurance does not.
- Lyft driver has accepted a ride request. Once a Lyft driver accepts a request for a ride in the app, you’ll be covered by Lyft’s $1 million insurance policy. Again, this policy is secondary to other policies that apply.
It can be difficult to understand your legal options after a Lyft accident in Pennsylvania. Our legal team can help you explore your best course of action during your free consultation.
Common Lyft Accident Injuries
Lyft accident victims can suffer debilitating injuries in a crash, including:
- Chest injury
- Crush injury
- Burn injury
- Degloving injury
- Brain injury
- Eye injury
- Soft tissue injury
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord injury
- Nerve damage
- Back injury
- Neck injury
- Catastrophic injury
- Wrongful death of a family member
Report your accident in the Lyft app and to the local police immediately. Then, seek prompt medical attention at the closest hospital in Carlisle. You’ll need proof of the crash and your injuries to support a claim for damages, and these steps can help you get it.
What Types of Damages Can I Recover Through a Lyft Injury Claim?
When you file an insurance claim or Lyft accident lawsuit against the at-fault party in Carlisle, PA, you can request compensatory damages for your financial losses and harder-to-value suffering.
- Current and future medical bills
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Diminished earning capacity
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Nursing care
- Funeral expenses
- Loss of consortium
- Reduced quality of life
- Pain and suffering
- Chronic physical pain
If your Lyft accident lawsuit reaches a jury, you could also potentially receive punitive damages. However, a jury must find by clear and convincing evidence that the defendant’s conduct was intentional or grossly negligent.
How Long Do I Have To File a Lawsuit After a Pennsylvania Lyft Accident?
When a Pennsylvania Lyft accident causes personal injury or wrongful death, a two-year statute of limitations applies to legal claims.
This gives you until the second anniversary of your Lyft accident or family member’s death to formally pursue compensation for your losses.
Once the statute of limitations passes, you’ll give up the right to demand compensation from your negligent Lyft driver and other liable parties. There are exceptions to this law, but only in rare cases; get in touch with us as soon as possible to protect your rights.
Schedule a Free Consultation With an Experienced Carlisle Lyft Accident Lawyer
At Marzzacco Niven & Associates, we know that a Lyft rideshare accident can turn your world upside-down. We also know that you have one shot at getting compensation, and our Carlisle Lyft accident lawyers want to help you make the most of it.
Contact our Carlisle law office to discuss the details of your Lyft accident case today. We’ve helped crash victims recover tens of millions in damages, and we’re ready to help you fight for the best possible results, too.