Were you or a loved one injured in a car accident involving a taxicab in Chambersburg, PA? You may be entitled to significant compensation. Taxi accident claims can be complex, and it’s important to have an experienced Chambersburg taxi accident lawyer in your corner. Our team at Marzzacco Niven & Associates is prepared to help you fight to recover full compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain, suffering, and more.
Our skilled attorneys have over 120 years of experience in personal injury law. Through our dedication and hard work, we’ve helped injured clients like you recover tens of millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts.
When you need help the most, you can count on our attorneys. Call our law offices in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, at (717) 388-2378 to schedule a free consultation and learn more about your legal options.
Table of Contents
How Can Marzzacco Niven & Associates Help After a Taxi Accident in Chambersburg?
Taxi accident cases tend to involve multiple insurance companies. That’s because more than one party may be responsible for the wreck. When insurance companies are involved, the process is rarely stress-free.
It can be tempting to take the insurance company’s offer and be done with it. However, that can mean you’ll be stuck with the costs of your injury. Our Chambersburg personal injury attorneys at Marzzacco Niven & Associates can handle every aspect of your case. We’ve been recognized by Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, and Best Lawyers of America for our quality legal services.
Hiring us means you’ll have an attorney to:
- Compile evidence to establish who is responsible for your losses
- Assess your case value
- Identify all sources of compensation for your accident
- Defend you against any blame-shifting strategies
- Work with leading experts to make sure we really understand the nature of your losses
- Negotiate with the insurance companies and defense teams for a full settlement
- Reject lowball deals and fight for you at trial if necessary
To learn more about our practice areas and the benefits of legal representation, call our Chambersburg personal injury lawyers for your free consultation today.
What Causes Most Taxi Accidents in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania?
When you take a cab, you shouldn’t have to worry about getting hurt. Even if you were driving your own vehicle, you shouldn’t have to worry about reckless or careless cab drivers. The fact is that taxi drivers aren’t always known for their cautious driving. They’re often in a hurry and tired or distracted after spending much of their day behind the wheel.
Some of the most common causes of Chambersburg car accidents include:
- Excessive speeds
- Distracted cab drivers
- Fatigued cab drivers
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Aggressive driving
- Weaving between lanes
- Passing too close to other vehicles
- Illegal lane changes
- Dangerous left-hand turns or U-turns
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Racing through intersections
- Drunk driving
- Failure to maintain the taxi vehicle in a safe condition
- A cab company’s negligent hiring practices
If you aren’t sure what caused your accident, our motor vehicle accident lawyers in Chambersburg can help. Just call our personal injury law firm so that our team can start investigating the circumstances of the crash right away.
Who Can Be Held Responsible for My Damages After a Taxi Wreck in Pennsylvania?
Determining the cause of your crash is the first step toward making a full financial recovery. In taxi accident cases, it’s also important to remember that more than one person may be financially responsible. Often, that includes parties who weren’t even at the scene of the crash.
For example, if the cab driver was an employee, the taxi company can be financially responsible for their negligent driving.
Additional parties who may share financial liability include:
- Companies responsible for inspecting a fleet of taxis
- Mechanics and maintenance companies
- Manufacturers of defective taxi safety equipment
- Government agencies responsible for road maintenance and oversight
- Third-party motorists, pedestrians or bicyclists
Even if the cab driver was clearly to blame, it’s important to have an attorney review your car accident case. At Marzzacco Niven & Associates, we’re prepared to help you identify every party who played a role in your accident.
What Is My Chambersburg Taxi Accident Case Worth?
Some of the most important considerations include:
- The cost of your medical treatment
- Your need for ongoing medical care, rehabilitation, or assistance with everyday activities
- How the injury impacts your ability to work
- How the injury will impact your future work prospects and quality of life
- Whether you suffer any emotional trauma or ongoing pain due to the accident and injury
- Whether you’ll ever make a full recovery
- The general circumstances of the auto accident, including the identities of the at-fault parties
- How much insurance coverage is available
- The strength of the evidence to support your claim for compensation
While these factors are relevant in most personal injury cases, there’s no way to accurately estimate your case value without understanding the unique facts and circumstances of your accident. Your injuries are unique to you–so there’s no such thing as a standard insurance settlement offer.
To really make sure you’re getting the full compensation you deserve, you’ll need an experienced accident attorney to evaluate your case value and advocate for every dollar.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Taxi Accident Victims in Chambersburg, PA?
Compensatory damages are classified according to the type of loss they represent.
Your economic damages compensate for financial losses, including:
- Past medical bills and estimated future medical expenses
- Lost wages, income, and employment benefits
- Reduced earning potential
- Physical therapy
- Nursing care
- In-home assistance
- Home or vehicle modifications
- Transportation costs
- Property damage and vehicle repair costs
You can also seek compensation for non-economic damages, including:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
- Physical disfigurement or scarring
- Loss of consortium
The types of damages you will recover depend on the types of losses you have experienced because of the injury. When we’re assessing your damages, our lawyers will ask questions about both your financial costs and the ways the injury has changed your life. By working closely with our injured clients, we’ve established a proven track record of success.
Can I Recover Compensation if I’m Being Blamed for a Taxi Accident in Pennsylvania?
Under Pennsylvania’s comparative negligence laws, you can recover compensation so long as your share of fault is less than 51%. Once your percentage of fault reaches 51%, you’re barred from recovering any compensation at all.
Take allegations of shared fault seriously. Even if the insurance company claims you were less than 51% responsible, your settlement will be reduced according to your percentage of fault. If you were 25% responsible, you can only take home 75% of your damages.
Our lawyers can help if you’re being blamed for a crash. We’ll locate any evidence that can minimize your share of fault–or refute the insurance company’s claims entirely.
Our Chambersburg Taxi Accident Attorneys Will Fight To Recover Compensation for All of Your Accident Injuries
Taxi accident injuries can be severe, even if you were a taxi passenger in the back seat.
At Marzzacco Niven & Associates, we often handle personal injury claims involving:
- Broken bones
- Nerve injuries
- Whiplash injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Organ damage
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
While you recover, our lawyers are here to help you maximize your settlement or verdict. Give us a call today to learn more about how we can help with the legal issues.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Taxi Accident in Pennsylvania?
Pennsylvania has “choice no-fault” insurance rules. If you’ve selected “full tort” coverage, you can pursue a claim against the at-fault driver no matter the nature of your accident. Even if you’ve chosen “limited tort” coverage, however, you may still be eligible to take legal action against the responsible party.
Most taxi accident claims, referring to those against the party who caused your crash (as opposed to those against your own insurance), involve negligence. As the victim, you have the burden of proving that someone else was responsible for your injuries.
You’ll have to prove:
- The at-fault party’s legal duty of care
- A breach of the duty of care occurred
- The breach directly caused your accident
- You suffered injuries, or damages, because of the accident
To recover fair compensation, you’ll need evidence about every factor that contributed to the accident.
That might include:
- Information about the cab company’s hiring practices
- The cab driver’s qualifications
- Taxi maintenance records and schedules
- How long the cab driver had been behind the wheel
- Medical records
- Accident reports
- Traffic citations
Our car accident attorneys know how to find the evidence you need. Give us a call today so that we can start our investigation while the evidence is fresh. We can also help you determine your best course of action based on your selected insurance coverage.
How Long Do I Have To File a Personal Injury Lawsuit After a Taxi Accident in Pennsylvania?
The statute of limitations in most personal injury cases is two years. However, it’s possible that you could have even less time to file a claim for compensation.
In all cases, it’s always a good idea to consult a lawyer sooner rather than later. Once the two-year deadline passes, you’ll lose your right to compensation completely.
Contact a Skilled Chambersburg Taxi Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Do you have questions about your legal options after a taxicab accident? Contact a Chambersburg taxi accident lawyer at Marzzacco Niven & Associates today. We have decades of experience advocating for accident victims like you–and you can count on us to do everything possible to recover compensation for you.