You may be entitled to significant compensation if you’ve recently been involved in an Uber accident in Harrisburg, PA. Uber claims can be complicated. Let Marzzacco Niven & Associates help you fight to maximize your recovery. Our Harrisburg Uber accident lawyers will aggressively pursue damages for your medical bills, lost wages, and suffering.
Marzzacco Niven & Associates has been a dedicated voice for victims of motor vehicle accidents in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania since 2008. Our clients benefit from 120+ years of combined experience and an award-winning team that’s won millions in compensation.
Our Harrisburg law firm will stand up to insurance companies and negligent rideshare drivers so that you don’t have to. Take time to focus on yourself. Call us to learn more at (717) 231-1640. Your first consultation is absolutely free.
How Our Harrisburg Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After Your Uber Accident
Traffic accidents involving Ubers can be complicated. Did the rideshare driver cause the accident? Were they logged into the Uber app when the crash happened? Whose insurance is going to have to pay? Do any other parties share fault?
The answers to these (and other) questions will be critical as you seek compensation for your injuries. That’s why it’s important to hire a team of experienced injury attorneys in Harrisburg to represent you.
At Marzzacco Niven & Associates, we’re known for being fierce advocates for Uber accident victims in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Our trial attorneys have more than a century of combined legal experience. We’ve been recognized by US News & World Report as one of the “Best Law Firms.”
Here’s how we can help you after an Uber accident in Harrisburg:
- Explain all of your options for financial recovery, from insurance claims to a lawsuit or workers’ compensation benefits (if you were working at the time of the crash)
- Handle all aspects of your personal injury case from start to finish
- Investigate the rideshare accident thoroughly to determine why it happened and who’s to blame
- Bring in experts and specialists to help us build a better, stronger claim on your behalf
- Negotiate terms of a settlement with insurance companies
- Have a respected trial attorney bring your case to a jury, if necessary
We’re here to be your biggest advocate. We’re here to give you a voice. Contact our Harrisburg law offices to begin your journey to maximum damages today.
What’s My Uber Accident Case Worth?
There are a lot of different factors that can affect the value of an Uber accident case:
- What types of injuries did you sustain? How serious are they?
- Will your injuries prevent you from returning to work, now or permanently?
- Who’s responsible for the crash?
- How clear is liability?
- Did your own negligence contribute to the collision?
- What kind of emotional trauma have you experienced?
- What are your out-of-pocket costs?
Claims involving catastrophic injuries will typically be worth more than those involving mild trauma. At the same time, liability and available insurance coverage(s) can also affect what an Uber injury victim can walk away with when their case is resolved.
Does it Matter If the Uber Driver Was Working at the Time of the Accident?
Yes. What the Uber driver was doing at the time of the accident is critical. Why? Their behavior will dictate liability and which insurance policy (or policies) might apply if you’re injured in a car accident.
The Uber Driver Was Off Duty
If the rideshare driver wasn’t working – meaning they weren’t logged into the Uber app – then you’re looking at a more traditional car crash case. The at-fault driver will be personally liable for the costs of the accident. More specifically, their insurance provider will be on the hook for damages.
Of course, Pennsylvania is a choice no-fault state when it comes to insurance. If you have full tort insurance coverage, you can file a lawsuit or claim against a negligent driver and/or their insurer for all damages, including pain and suffering. However, if you have a limited tort insurance policy, you must first file a claim with your own insurance provider. You can still recover economic damages such as medical expenses from the at-fault driver, but you cannot recover non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering, unless the accident results in death, serious impairment, or permanent disfigurement.
The Uber Driver Was Logged Into the App
Many times, Uber drivers spend time logged into the Uber app waiting for someone in their area to request a ride. In these situations, Uber has a limited insurance policy that will cover crash-related costs.
Uber’s policy will cover:
- Bodily Injury: up to $50,000 per person and $100,000 per accident
- Property Damage: $25,000 per accident
This policy is secondary to the driver’s own insurance coverage. This simply means it’s there to protect victims if the driver’s policy is insufficient to cover the costs of an Uber accident.
The Uber Driver Had Accepted a Ride Request
The minute an Uber driver accepts a ride request, Uber’s million-dollar insurance policy kicks in. It’s effective the moment the request is accepted until the passenger is dropped off at their location and the ride is terminated in the app.
This policy covers:
- $1,000,000 in liability coverage if the Uber driver is at fault, or
- $1,000,000 in uninsured motorist coverage if an uninsured or underinsured driver is to blame.
Keep in mind that Uber itself will not be on the hook for any crash-related damages. Uber drivers are independent contractors in Pennsylvania. The company maintains that it is not personally responsible for the negligence of its drivers.
What Kind of Compensation is Available After Uber Accidents in Harrisburg?
Whether you’re seeking insurance benefits or damages in a lawsuit, you’ll generally be entitled to both economic and non-economic awards, depending on your auto insurance coverage.
Economic damages offset the financial costs of your Uber accident and can include money for:
- Hospitalization, surgery, medication, and follow-up medical care
- Physical therapy
- Loss of income and wages during recovery
- Reduced earning capacity
- Property damage
- Other out-of-pocket costs
Non-economic damages compensate for the tragedy and trauma of an accident that’s hard to value, such as:
- Chronic pain
- Emotional distress, including PTSD and depression
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Known as pain and suffering damages, non-economic awards are notoriously difficult to calculate. Our Harrisburg car accident lawyers are ready to put decades of experience and a winning reputation to work to make sure that you’re compensated appropriately for your suffering, if applicable.
What Causes Most Uber Accidents in Pennsylvania?
Uber drivers aren’t responsible for all rideshare accidents. However, they do contribute to many of the accidents they’re involved in.
Uber drivers cause accidents because they:
- Tend to be more distracted than other drivers on the road. Often, they’re looking at their phones, searching the surroundings for a passenger, or engaged in conversation with a rider.
- Park or stand at intersections, which disrupts the natural flow of traffic.
- Speed and drive aggressively because time is money. The more rides they can complete, the more they’ll earn.
- Don’t receive any specialized driving training. Uber operators aren’t expert drivers. They don’t undergo special training or receive any formal instruction. There’s no guarantee that an Uber or Lyft driver is experienced or safe behind the wheel.
- Can be fatigued and overtired. Spending hours on the road can be exhausting. Many drivers log as much time as they can to increase their earnings.
Other common causes of Uber accidents can include:
- Defective vehicles or safety equipment
- Failure to obey local, state, or federal traffic laws
- Drunk driving
- Drugged driving
- Road defects
- Dangerous road design
- Limited visibility
- A buildup of ice or snow on the road surface
Our Harrisburg personal injury attorneys will work diligently to uncover every possible cause of your Uber accident. With this information, we can be better prepared to seek maximum damages from all liable parties.
We’ll Fight to Get Compensation For All Rideshare Accident Injuries
Our car accident lawyers in Harrisburg, PA represent clients who have suffered:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord injury
- Neck and back injury
- Crushing injury
- Chest injury
- Catastrophic injury, and more.
We’re also here to help you file a wrongful death action if your loved one has been killed in a fatal Uber accident in Dauphin County.
How Long Do I Have to File an Uber Accident Lawsuit in Pennsylvania?
The statute of limitations for most personal injury lawsuits in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is two years. Whether an Uber accident results in injury or death, plaintiffs will have up to two years to seek damages.
Don’t let this deadline pass without taking action. You’ll forfeit your right to file a lawsuit and give up the compensation you deserve. Contact our Uber accident attorneys in Harrisburg for immediate assistance. We’ll get to work on your auto accident case so you can focus on your recovery.
Schedule a Free Case Evaluation With a Harrisburg Uber Accident Lawyer
Have you suffered injuries in a car accident with an Uber in Harrisburg, PA? Whether you were an Uber passenger or in another vehicle, you may be entitled to substantial compensation for your injuries and suffering.
Marzzacco Niven & Associates can help you fight to get every cent you deserve.
Contact our Harrisburg Uber accident lawyers to arrange a time to discuss your case for free. We work on a contingency fee basis, which means you pay nothing unless we win your case. There’s no risk, so call to discuss legal representation now.
Our personal injury law firm in Harrisburg, PA also provides:
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Harrisburg, PA
- Bicycle Accident Attorneys in Harrisburg, PA
- Car Accident Attorneys in Harrisburg, PA
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in Harrisburg, PA
- Child Injury Attorney in Harrisburg, PA
- Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers in Harrisburg, PA
- Product Liability Lawyer in Harrisburg, PA
- Social Security Lawyer in Harrisburg, PA
- Taxi Accident Lawyers in Harrisburg, PA
- Truck Accident Attorney in Harrisburg, PA
- Workers’ Comp Lawyer in Harrisburg, PA