Were you or a family member injured on a construction site? An experienced construction accident lawyer in York, PA at Marzzacco Niven & Associates can help you fight to recover fair compensation for your injuries. In addition to your workers’ comp benefits, we can help you determine whether you’re eligible to file a personal injury lawsuit for additional compensation.
Over the years, we’ve recovered tens of millions of dollars to help injured workers and their families. Between us, we have over 120 years of experience in personal injury, workers’ compensation, and Social Security Disability law.
How Marzzacco Niven & Associates Can Help After a Construction Accident in York, PA
Workplace injuries can be devastating in more ways than one. They can leave you unable to work at a time when you need money the most. In the meantime, you’ll be left to struggle with painful injuries and a long recovery. Your employer might even challenge your right to workers’ comp benefits.
Our York personal injury lawyers at Marzzacco Niven & Associates will stand by your side every step of the way. Over the years, our lawyers have been recognized by Super Lawyers and Best Lawyers in America. We also have a certified workers’ compensation specialist on our staff to help protect your right to workers’ comp benefits.
We’ll help you by:
- Investigating your accident to determine who was responsible
- Filing your claim for workers’ compensation
- Explaining your legal options
- Working with experts and specialists to strengthen your case
- Calculating the true value of your claim
- Defending you if your workers’ comp claim is denied or undervalued
- Negotiating with the insurance companies for the maximum compensation possible
Our aggressive approach is designed to help our clients recover the most money possible after an injury. To learn more about creating an attorney-client relationship with a York personal injury attorney, call our personal injury law firm today.
How Common Are Construction Accidents in York, PA?
Construction work is dangerous. Workers risk their health and safety on a daily basis. According to the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA), one out of every five workplace deaths in the United States is in the construction industry.
What is My York Construction Accident Case Worth?
Before we estimate the value of your specific personal injury claim, our lawyers will carefully review the details of your accident and work injuries. Every case is different, and we believe that every client deserves personalized attention and a custom-built case.
The value of your workers’ compensation will depend on:
- Your average weekly wages prior to the accident
- The length of your recovery period
- Whether you’re partially or totally disabled
- Whether your disability is temporary or permanent
- The cost of your medical bills
Your wage replacement benefits are limited to about ⅔ of your average weekly wages. However, the maximum amount you can receive in 2022 is $1,205 per week, even if your prior earnings were higher.
Personal injury cases are different. In a successful personal injury case, you’re entitled to recover the full amount of your lost wages and other economic costs.
The value of your personal injury case can also depend on:
- The severity of your injuries
- The type of medical treatment you need
- Your emotional trauma and suffering
- The physical pain you’ve endured
- How the injury impacts your quality of life and lifestyle
While you can seek additional damages by filing a third-party claim, you’ll also have to prove negligence.
For example, you may have a valid lawsuit against:
- Manufacturers of defective work tools
- The at-fault driver in a car accident
- Property owners who fail to keep their premises safe
- General contractors, subcontractors, and other third parties
Our lawyers have been representing injured workers for decades. To learn more about how we can help, call our construction accident attorneys in York, PA for a free case review today.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Construction Accident Victims in York?
The types of damages available will depend on whether you’re entitled to file a personal injury lawsuit.
All employees in Pennsylvania are entitled to file a claim for workers’ compensation benefits. If you’re limited to workers’ compensation, you’re entitled to benefits to cover some of your economic losses.
Injured workers can receive compensation for:
- All reasonable and necessary medical expenses
- Total disability benefits
- Partial disability benefits
- Death benefits for surviving family members
These are the types of benefits that can help you get back on your feet again after a work-related accident. While valuable, they won’t compensate you for the full extent of your losses.
You can’t sue your employer for additional damages under Pennsylvania’s no-fault workers’ compensation system. Third parties aren’t entitled to the same protection. When a third party is responsible for your accident, you can seek compensation for your economic damages and non-economic damages.
By filing a personal injury lawsuit, you may be entitled to damages for:
- Medical expenses not covered by workers’ comp
- 100% of your lost wages
- Lost earning potential
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Mental health disorders, including anxiety and depression
- Loss of consortium
Your non-economic losses can be just as significant as your financial costs. Our York construction accident lawyers will evaluate your case and determine the best strategy for maximizing your compensation.
We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Construction Accident Injuries
A serious construction accident can leave you struggling with long-term injuries.
At Marzzacco Niven & Associates, our lawyers can help regardless of the type of injuries you’ve sustained, including:
- Broken bones
- Back injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries and nerve damage
- Soft tissue damage
- Eye injuries
- Hearing loss
- Internal injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
It’s never too early to learn about your legal rights. Don’t hesitate to reach out to our legal team and get the trusted legal representation you deserve today.
What Causes Most Construction Accidents in York, Pennsylvania?
Construction site accidents happen for all different reasons. Often, they occur because construction site owners and managers fail to take proper safety precautions and violate safety regulations.
In York, some of the most common causes of construction accidents include:
- Failure to provide proper protective equipment
- Negligently installed scaffolding
- Failure to communicate with workers
- Improperly trained and supervised workers
- Inadequate safety protections
- Negligent property maintenance
- Dangerous or defective work equipment and tools
- Failure to follow state and federal safety regulations
Establishing the cause of your accident is important. Depending on who was responsible, you could have additional options for recovering compensation. Our York construction accident attorneys will investigate and gather the evidence to support your claim.
We Handle All Types of Construction Accident Claims in York, PA
Some construction accidents are more dangerous than others. OSHA has studied the issue and examined four types of construction accidents that are the most dangerous.
The “fatal four” in the construction industry include:
- Fall accidents
- Being struck by objects
- Being crushed or caught between two objects
At Marzzacco Niven & Associates, we handle all types of construction injury claims in York, including:
- Scaffolding accidents and falls
- Electric shock or electrocution
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Accidents involving heavy machinery
- Dangerous premises
- Falls from roofs, ladders, or other heights
- Fires and explosions
- Building collapses
- Industrial accidents
- Welding accidents
- Dangerous work equipment
- Truck accidents
- Nail gun accidents
- Exposure to toxic substances and materials
If you were injured in a work accident, reach out to our lawyers for a free initial consultation today.
Do I Have to Prove Negligence To Recover Damages After a Construction Accident in Pennsylvania?
You can recover workers’ compensation benefits even if you were entirely responsible for your own injuries.
Negligence is only relevant if you’re entitled to file a personal injury lawsuit. To recover damages in these cases, you’ll be required to establish:
While you recover, our lawyers will work to prove your case. We’ll interview witnesses, visit the construction site, and even hire accident reconstruction experts if necessary.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Construction Accident in Pennsylvania?
In personal injury cases, the statute of limitations gives accident victims two years to file a personal injury lawsuit. You’ll have much less time to act under workers’ compensation laws. You have only 120 days after the accident to notify your employer.
Contact a Construction Accident Lawyer in York, PA for a Free Consultation
Did you get hurt in a construction accident in York? Hiring an experienced construction accident lawyer in York, PA is the best way to protect your right to compensation. Contact our experienced attorneys at Marzzacco Niven & Associates to learn more about your options for seeking compensation today.