Did you recently suffer injuries or lose a family member in a large truck accident in York, Pennsylvania? Contact Marzzacco Niven & Associates for help. You may be entitled to compensation for your medical expenses, loss of income, and suffering. Our York truck accident lawyers can help you seek a maximum financial recovery from those responsible.
For years, our award-winning legal team has been there to support truck accident victims and families in York, PA. We put over 120 years of combined experience behind every case and help our clients achieve meaningful, life-changing results.
Our team has successfully secured tens of millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts. Contact our law firm in York, PA at (717) 995-8998 to find out how we can help you get the best possible outcome in your truck injury case. Your first consultation is free, and our team is available to take your call right now.
Table of Contents
How Marzzacco Niven & Associates Can Help After a Truck Accident in York, PA
An accident involving a large truck can change the course of your life forever. It can also be difficult to know exactly why it happened and who’s to blame. And the last thing you need right now is to try to recover from serious physical injuries while navigating a complex legal claim for damages.
That’s where our York personal injury lawyers can help.
At Marzzacco Niven & Associates, we understand how difficult life is right now. We also know that you’ll need to level the playing field against tough insurance companies and trucking services if you want to get the best results. We’re ready to take on your fight for compensation from start to finish.
While you take the time you need to get better, our respected trial attorneys will:
- Coordinate a thorough and independent investigation into your big rig accident
- Consult with experts and law enforcement agencies who may be conducting a separate investigation
- Gather critical pieces of evidence, including truck black box data, pre-and post-inspection reports, vehicle maintenance logs, hiring records, medical records, crash reports, and physical evidence from the scene
- Defend you against victim-blaming strategies that could hurt your chances of a full financial recovery
- Negotiate to get the best possible terms in a settlement agreement on your behalf
- Reject lowball offers and bring your case to a jury in York County if you are not offered a fair deal
Our injury lawyers in York work on a contingency fee basis. This means you pay absolutely nothing for our help unless we win your case. There’s no risk involved, so don’t hesitate to reach out to our law office to schedule a time for your free consultation today.
How Common Are Truck Accidents in Pennsylvania?
Not surprisingly, large commercial trucks are involved in many traffic accidents across the commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
According to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, there were at least 6,344 heavy truck accidents in 2020.
- 110 fatal truck accidents
- 2,523 crashes resulting in non-fatal injuries
- 3,711 crashes resulting in property damage
That year, one out of every ten fatal car accidents in the state involved a heavy truck.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Truck Accidents in York, PA?
For the most part, accidents involving tractor-trailers, semi-trucks, big rigs, and other commercial vehicles should not happen.
Truck drivers must pass rigorous tests and obtain a CDL before they can operate a commercial vehicle. Trucking companies and services have an obligation to hire competent drivers, train them, and supervise them appropriately. The trucking industry is highly regulated by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and Pennsylvania state law.
Plus, everyone on the road shares a responsibility to drive with caution, regardless of who else is on the road.
When car accidents involve large trucks, it’s usually because of negligence.
Negligence involves a failure to exercise reasonable care under the circumstances, which results in damage, injury, or death.
Some common examples of this can include:
- Speeding or driving too fast for road conditions
- Fatigued driving or violating hours of service regulations
- Overloading or improper cargo loads
- Driver distraction, including texting and driving, talking on the phone, checking GPS, and conversing with passengers
- Improper passing
- Unsafe turns
- Driving in a truck’s blindspot
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Failure to perform pre- or post-trip inspections
- Inadequate vehicle maintenance and repair
- Hiring mistakes
Vehicle defects, road construction, bad weather conditions, and other factors outside of motorists’ control can also contribute to truck accidents in York.
We’ll Help You Seek Compensation For All of Your Catastrophic Truck Accident Injuries
Given the sheer weight and size of large trucks, they can do a lot of damage when they are involved in collisions with other vehicles.
At Marzzacco Niven & Associates, we represent truck accident victims who have suffered:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Burn injury
- Nerve damage
- Crushing injury
- Neck and back injury
- Broken bones
- Trauma to the eyes and face
- Hearing and vision loss
- Soft tissue damage
- Wrongful death of a loved one, and more
Seek medical treatment as soon as possible after being involved in a large truck accident in York. Prompt medical attention can limit the chances of complications and provide support for any future legal claims you may decide to pursue.
What’s My York Truck Accident Case Worth?
The value of your case will depend largely on the types of injuries you suffer, how serious they are, and how your life changes after the truck crash.
Other factors that can affect how much money you might be able to get after a large truck collision include:
- Whether you’re still able to work
- How old you were at the time of the wreck
- Whether the impact of the accident aggravated any pre-existing medical conditions
- Your out-of-pocket costs and expenses
- If you share responsibility for the auto accident
- Available insurance coverage and benefits
Every case is different. It’s important to discuss the specific details of your truck crash with an experienced York truck accident attorney. Contact Marzzacco Niven & Associates to schedule a time to speak with our legal team today.
What Damages Can I Get If I’ve Been Injured in a Tractor-Trailer Accident in York?
Victims of large truck accidents in Pennsylvania can typically seek both economic and non-economic damages for their losses.
Economic damages are paid to offset the monetary expenses of an accident, such as:
- Hospitalization and current medical bills
- Future medical care and expenses
- Rehabilitation and therapy
- Nursing assistance
- Costs related to home modifications necessary to accommodate a disability
- Lost wages and income
- Reduced earning capacity
Some examples include:
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Chronic physical pain
Punitive damages may be available if you were injured because of someone’s intentional actions or if they displayed a reckless disregard for your safety.
Our York truck accident attorneys will aggressively pursue all available damages under Pennsylvania state law.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Trucking Accident in Pennsylvania?
In Pennsylvania, there is a two-year statute of limitations that applies to personal injury lawsuits and wrongful death claims.
Following a truck accident, you will typically have two years from the date of injury or a family member’s death to take action.
You will lose the right to demand compensation and secure damages if you miss the deadline that applies to your case.
What Happens If I’m Getting Blamed For a Pennsylvania Truck Accident?
Pennsylvania operates under a modified comparative fault rule with a 51% bar. Under it, you can recover compensation as long as you’re not mostly at fault for your truck accident. Once your liability exceeds 50%, you lose the right to file a third-party claim for damages.
Sharing some blame might not bar a financial recovery, but it will affect how much money you can get. Damages will be reduced based on your negligence and contribution to the accident. If you’re assigned 15 percent blame, your damages will be reduced by 15 percent.
Insurance companies and other parties will try to blame you. If they’re successful, you could watch your financial recovery fade away. Our York personal injury attorneys will be ready to defend you at every turn, working hard to minimize fault and maximize your award.
Schedule a Free Consultation With an Experienced York Truck Accident Lawyer
Have you recently suffered injuries in a large truck accident in York, PA? Don’t let negligent truck drivers or trucking services off the hook. Contact Marzzacco Niven & Associates and have our York truck accident lawyers help you fight for the financial accountability you deserve.
We’re ready to take the time and invest the resources that are needed to help you win. Contact our experienced legal team to arrange a time for a free, no-obligation case evaluation to learn more now.
Other York, PA Practice Areas we cover:
- Car accident lawyer in York, PA
- Catastrophic injury lawyer in York, PA
- Medical malpractice in York, PA
- Motorcycle accidents in York, PA
- Social security disability lawyers in York, PA
- Premises liability in York, PA
- Product Liability in York, PA
- Workers’ compensation in York, PA
- Wrongful death in York, PA