If you’ve been in a lane change crash in York, PA, it’s important to consider your legal options. You may have the right to recover compensation for your medical costs, loss of income, and pain and suffering. The experienced York car accident lawyers at Marzzacco Niven & Associates can help you maximize your financial recovery.
Since 2008, Marzzacco Niven & Associates has been dedicated to giving crash victims and families across Pennsylvania a voice. We help our clients stand up to insurance companies and other tough defendants and win life-changing compensation.
Our team has recovered tens of millions in settlements and verdicts. Get our winning track record and 120+ years of collective experience in your corner. Call us after your lane change crash in York, Pennsylvania at (717) 995-8998. Your first consultation is 100% free.
Table of Contents
How Marzzacco Niven & Associates Can Help After a Lane Change Car Accident in York
Unsafe lane changes can cause catastrophic accidents, including rollovers, side-impact collisions, and rear-end crashes. When you get hurt because another driver makes an unsafe or illegal lane change, you shouldn’t have to deal with the consequences by yourself. The driver who made the error should be held accountable.
Our York car accident lawyers are ready to make that a reality for you.
While you focus your energy on getting better, our law firm will:
- Investigate your collision to determine why it happened and who’s liable
- Gather evidence to support your case for damages, including photographs and video footage, witness statements, accident reports, and medical records
- Consult with motor vehicle crash experts as we build and value your car accident injury case
- Defend you against claims that you’re at fault or share responsibility
We will enter negotiations with the goal of getting you a settlement that’s fair and covers the full extent of your injuries and suffering. If the insurance company refuses to negotiate fairly or offer a fair deal, then our experienced trial attorneys will be prepared to take your case to a jury.
We offer a free consultation and work on a contingency fee basis. You pay us nothing unless we help you recover compensation after your lane change car crash. Give our law office serving the Susquehanna River Valley of South-Central Pennsylvania a call to learn more.
How Common Are Lane Change Car Accidents in York County, PA?
In 2020, there were 3,972 collisions in York County, Pennsylvania.
Based on the statistics above, that means that there were:
- 159 lane change crashes, and
- 20 fatal lane change accidents.
An unsafe lane change contributes to a car accident in York County every 55 hours.
What Causes Lane Change Accidents?
Most lane change car accidents are a result of driver negligence.
Often, the driver trying to switch lanes of traffic fails to:
- Look for other vehicles in the lane they’re moving to
- Confirm that blind spots are clear
- Leave adequate space between vehicles when changing lanes
- Use their blinker or turning signal to indicate the intent to change lanes
Other times, the driver who’s switching lanes:
- Miscalculates the turn
- Attempts to cut across multiple lanes of traffic
- Is distracted, under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or fatigued
- Makes the lane change abruptly or at high speeds
- Stops abruptly or slows down after moving in front of another vehicle
It’s not just the driver making the lane change who can cause a traffic accident. Sometimes factors outside of their control can contribute – such as weather, road defects, or vehicle malfunctions.
Is the Driver Changing Lanes Always Liable For a Crash?
Usually, but not always. As always, it’s important to investigate a crash to determine every possible cause. Once causation is established, you can identify everyone who directly or indirectly caused the crash.
An investigation into your lane change auto accident might reveal that one or more of the following parties share responsibility:
- The driver making the unsafe or illegal lane change
- Other drivers on the road, including truck drivers and motorcyclists
- Bicyclists or pedestrians who jump into traffic, forcing vehicles to change lanes unexpectedly
- Government agencies if a road defect or hazard contributes to a lane change collision
- Manufacturers of defective or faulty vehicles
- Employers of negligent parties
The York car accident attorneys at Marzzacco Niven & Associates will aggressively pursue compensation from all at-fault parties.
Call Our Car Accident Attorneys If You’ve Been Hurt in a Lane Change Crash in York, PA
You’ll have a limited amount of time to file an injury claim or lawsuit after a lane change crash in York, PA. Don’t hesitate to call Marzzacco Niven & Associates for immediate legal assistance.
Our lawyers will help you seek maximum compensation for your catastrophic injuries and suffering. If you’ve lost a family member in a fatal lane change crash, we can help you seek damages in a wrongful death action.
Give us a call or connect with us online to learn more. We’re here to help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, whenever you need help the most.