Rear-end crashes are among the most common types of car accidents. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), there were more than 2 million rear-end collisions in 2019 alone, making up about 30% of all crashes.
Were you recently injured in a rear-end crash in York, Pennsylvania? If so, hiring a personal injury lawyer can help you hold the responsible parties accountable. Our York, PA rear-end crash lawyers at Marzzacco Niven & Associates have the skills and experience to fight for your right to be compensated for your injuries.
Table of Contents
How Marzzacco Niven & Associates Can Help if You’ve Been Hurt in a Rear-End Crash in York
Car accidents are frightening and leave lingering trauma in the aftermath. The impact has a profound effect on you and your family and can cause physical, emotional, and financial damage. Having an established, competent personal injury law firm on your side can make a huge difference in the outcome of your case.
Our award-winning car accident lawyers at Marzzacco Niven & Associates have more than 120 years of combined experience providing clients with exceptional legal representation. We understand what a difficult time this is for you. It’s not easy to focus on recovery when the bills are piling up and you want justice.
When you choose us to represent you, here are just a few of the many services you can expect us to provide:
- Meet with you to discuss your case and hear your side
- Investigate the accident site
- Gather and review evidence such as crash reports, police records, hospital documents, eyewitness statements, and any surveillance footage
- Consult with experts, including automotive specialists, medical professionals, and accident reconstructionists
- Negotiate with insurance companies for the highest possible settlement offer
- Take your case to court if the insurance company denies your claim or offers an inadequate settlement
We’ve helped countless injured clients get the compensation they deserve, and we’ll fight just as hard for you. If you’ve been in a rear-end crash in York, PA, give us a call to learn more about what we can do for you.
What Happens in a Rear-End Crash?
In a rear-end collision, the vehicle in front is hit by a vehicle from behind. It may be a two-car situation, or it may result in a chain reaction involving multiple vehicles.
In serious rear-end collisions, the vehicles’ occupants are violently thrown back and forth. Energy is transferred from one vehicle to another, and the faster the speed of the vehicles, the greater the injuries and damage.
Here are a few facts about rear-end crashes:
- The rear driver is most often at fault.
- Texting increases your chances of rear-ending someone by a factor of 7.
- Over 80% of rear-end crashes occur when the front car is fully stopped.
- Airbags are designed mainly to protect drivers and passengers in head-on collisions. Due to the dynamics of the impact in a rear-end collision, airbags rarely activate.
The size of the vehicles can also play a significant role. If a semi-truck rear-ends a small passenger car, the results can be even more devastating than if both vehicles are of similar size.
What Types of Injuries Are Caused By Rear-End Crashes?
Depending on the location of the crash, how many vehicles were involved, and how fast the vehicles were traveling, rear-end crashes can result in a wide spectrum of injuries and even wrongful death.
When your car is hit from behind, your body is hurled forward and jerked back. That high-intensity motion causes very specific injuries.
Some of these injuries include:
- Whiplash resulting in strained muscles and torn tendons/ligaments
- Broken vertebrae sending bone fragments into the spinal column
- Spinal cord injuries that can cause nerve pain, loss of sensation, and paralysis
- Head injury as your head crashes into the airbag, steering wheel, dashboard, or windshield
- Traumatic brain injury as the brain moves around inside the skull on impact, causing concussions and contusions
If you’ve suffered these or other injuries, you deserve to be made whole. That involves significant financial resources, and you shouldn’t have to be the one to pay. An experienced personal injury firm like ours will do everything possible to hold the responsible parties accountable.
What Causes Rear-End Crashes?
Accidents can happen for any number of reasons. No matter how careful you’re being while driving, you can’t control the actions of others. However, in rear-end crashes, it’s particularly difficult to drive defensively because you’re unexpectedly hit from behind.
Rear-end accidents are preventable if drivers take greater care on the road.
Here are just a few of the reasons a rear-end crash is likely to occur:
- Distracted driving (e.g., eating, talking on the phone, playing with the radio)
- Drunk driving
- Improper vehicle maintenance
- Aggressive driving
- Road rage
No matter what caused the accident, our car accident attorneys at Marzzacco Niven & Associates have the knowledge and resources to investigate to determine the exact cause and who may be responsible for the accident.
Contact a Rear-End Crashes Lawyer in York, PA Today
If you were injured in a rear-end crash, you need an experienced professional on your side. The insurance companies won’t give in easily, and the legal issues can become complex.
Our personal injury lawyers at Marzzacco Niven & Associates know what they’re doing and know personal injury law inside and out. Our clients are like family to us, which means they take top priority. We fight for them just as we would for our own family. And we’ll do the same for you.
Call our offices today to schedule a free consultation. We operate on a contingency fee basis, which means you pay nothing unless we win.