Marzzacco Niven & Associates
Call 866-321-5340 or 717-260-3580
Initial Consultations are Always FREE - No Fee Unless We Win
Dedicated To Representing The Injured, Ill And Disabled

What is Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome?

When you suffer a broken bone as the result of an accident, you may think having the bone set is all the medical attention you'll need. In some cases, particularly if the break is in an extremity or limb, you could develop a condition known as Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS). CRPS is most commonly associated with broken limbs and resulting nerve issues in your extremities. If you broke a bone in a car accident, a workplace injury, or even a even a simple slip-and-fall accident at a retailer, it could result in permanent nerve damage and extensive medical expenses for years to come.

If you have suffered a broken bone or limb and are now having secondary symptoms, you may have CRPS. Particularly if you were not at fault for the accident where your bone was broken, you may be entitled to compensation.

What are the symptoms of CRPS?

CRPS, also sometimes called Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD), causes physical pain and discomfort in the affected limb or extremity. If you have pain or other symptoms that worsen as your broken bone heals, that is a sign of potential CRPS. The pain associated with CRPS is often called a deep ache, a cold painful sensation, a burning sensation, or heightened skin sensitivity. Increased skin sensitivity can result in extreme discomfort at physical touch, including the pressure caused by clothing. You may experience severe or extreme pain and discomfort during showers, as well.

The area that is affected may also swell or become inflamed. The color of the skin may change, and your hair or nails in the area may change as well. You may be able to feel a difference in temperature when comparing the affected area to the rest of your body. You may also suffer decreased strength and range of motion in the affected area. Unfortunately, CRPS does not have a cure, meaning you may suffer from these symptoms for the rest of your life. Medical treatments may alleviate some symptoms, but can be expensive. You deserve compensation for this injury, and an attorney can help you obtain it.

An attorney can help if you suspect CRPS

If you believe you have CRPS, it can be difficult to obtain a diagnosis. Your attorney can help connect you with a medical specialist who understands this painful and lifelong condition. Your attorney can also advocate for a better workers' compensation arrangement or a settlement with a company's insurer. If necessary, your attorney can file a civil suit to help you recover your losses after an accident causes CRPS.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
  • | Your legal solution starts here
  • LC | Lead Counsel Rated
  • select-lawyers
  • Avvo | Ratings|  Guidance | The right Lawyer
  • 2019 | Recognized by Best Lawyers
  • Million Dollar Advocates Forum
  • Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
  • Super Lawyers
  • Best Lawyers | Best Law Firms | U.S.News & World Report | 2019
Request a Free Consult

Start Your Free Consultation Now

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Marzzacco Niven & Associates

Marzzacco Niven & Associates
1909 North Front Street, 2nd Floor, Suite 1
Harrisburg, PA 17102

Toll Free: 866-321-5340
Phone: 717-260-3580
Harrisburg Law Office Map