Being injured at work in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania can result in confusion and frustration. What should be a straightforward process to receive workers’ compensation benefits can become a nightmare. The employer and its workers’ compensation insurance company might refuse to pay benefits or cover the accident.
Has this happened to you after a workplace accident? If so, our Harrisburg workers’ compensation lawyers at Marzzacco Niven & Associates can help. We have over 120 years of combined legal experience helping injured parties receive the compensation they deserve.
Contact our law office at (717) 231-1640 for a free consultation with an experienced attorney. It does not cost you anything to meet with us to get answers to your questions about workers’ compensation claims in Harrisburg, PA.
Table of Contents
How Our Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Can Help You After Sustaining an Injury at Work
The last thing you should worry about after being injured on the job is paying medical bills and living expenses. Pennsylvania workers’ compensation laws provide benefits for injured workers. However, some employers and insurance companies make it difficult or impossible to receive these benefits without a fight.
At Marzzacco Niven & Associates, our legal team will fight for your right to receive fair workers’ comp benefits. We’ll handle all aspects of your workers’ comp claim so that you can focus on your recovery.
When you hire our Harrisburg workers’ compensation attorneys, you can expect us to:
- Initiate an independent investigation into the cause of your workplace injury
- Gather evidence proving that your injury is covered by workers’ compensation
- Determine if a third party could be liable for your injuries and damages
- Complete and file all necessary documents for your workers’ compensation claim
- Monitor deadlines for filing claims and lawsuits
- Handle all matters with the workers’ compensation insurance company
- Represent you in all administrative and legal proceedings regarding your claim
Our lawyers are dedicated advocates for injured workers and their families. We stand up to large corporations and insurance companies to enforce workers’ rights after an accident or injury. Two lawyers on our legal team are Certified Workers’ Compensation Specialists in Pennsylvania.
Call our law firm today to schedule your free consultation with an experienced workers’ compensation attorney in Harrisburg, PA.
Questions To Ask a Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Attorney
It is understandable that you have questions about workers’ compensation. For many, a workers’ compensation claim is the first time they have dealt with an injury case.
Therefore, they are not familiar with the process of filing a workers’ compensation claim. They may not understand the pitfalls of settling a workers’ compensation case with an insurance provider without legal counsel. Additionally, many workers are not aware of all the benefits they could receive, including compensation they might receive from a third-party claim.
We encourage you to ask our workers’ compensation attorneys any questions you may have regarding your claim. However, some questions that we suggest all clients ask a Pennsylvania workers’ compensation lawyer are:
What Are Your Qualifications As a Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Lawyer?
You should ask these questions before you hire a lawyer. Ideally, you want to choose an attorney who has experience handling cases similar to yours.
Questions to ask during an initial consultation with a Pennsylvania workers’ comp attorney include:
- How often do you go to hearings on cases?
- What is your success rate?
- How much do you charge for a workers’ comp case?
- Do I owe any costs if you lose my case?
- How often will you communicate with me about my case?
You want to hire an attorney with substantial experience handling workers’ comp claims. An attorney might be very experienced in handling some cases but have no experience handling workers compensation claims. You need someone who already understands the workers’ compensation claims process and the laws governing claims in Pennsylvania.
Can I Receive Workers’ Compensation If I Caused My Injury?
Workers’ compensation is a no-fault system. Therefore, you can receive workers’ comp benefits even if your carelessness or mistakes caused your injury. However, workers’ compensation might not cover your injury if you intentionally caused it or were under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Do I Have a Third-Party Claim?
If another party caused your accident, you might be able to sue that party in addition to filing a workers’ comp claim. A third-party claim can provide compensation for damages that workers’ compensation does not cover.
What Should I Tell My Doctor About My Work Injury?
Seeking immediate medical attention for your work injury improves your chance of receiving maximum benefits. Also, being honest and upfront with your workers’ comp doctor helps your case. While you do not want to exaggerate your injuries, trying to minimize your injuries will not benefit you.
Other Questions To Ask Your Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
Other questions you might want to ask your attorney include the following:
- When should I return to work after a workplace accident?
- What workers’ compensation benefits can I receive?
- What should I do if my employer threatens me or tries to force me to come back to work early?
- Can my employer fire me for filing a workers’ compensation claim?
- What happens if the workers’ comp insurance company denies my claim?
- Can I quit my job during a workers’ compensation case?
- Can I receive compensation for a permanent injury sustained at work?
- Do you see any weaknesses in my claim?
- Can I sue my employer for a work-related injury?
- What is the deadline for filing a workers’ compensation claim in Pennsylvania?
Ask as many questions as you need to ask to understand the process and your rights. Then, before the end of the meeting, ask the workers’ compensation lawyer if there is anything else you need to do or know to help your case.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Harrisburg Workers’ Compensation Lawyers
We want to help you receive the workers’ compensation benefits you deserve after a work-related injury. Contact our law office for a free case evaluation with one of our Pennsylvania workers’ comp attorneys.
Our Team Of Workers’ Compensation Attorneys At Marzzacco Niven & Associates Can Help In Any City In Pennsylvania
If you’ve been injured in Pennsylvania, please contact Marzzacco Niven & Associates at the nearest location to schedule a free consultation today:
- Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in York, PA
- Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in Wyomissing, PA
- Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in Chambersburg
- Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in Carlisle
- Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in Carbondale
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Lancaster
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Lebanon